IPTV Australia (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The VFR part is the more non-compliant part. I don't know of any satellite, terrestrial or cable broadcaster that uses VFR...

Nil Einne

Portal Member
    April 23, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The VFR part is the more non-compliant part. I don't know of any satellite, terrestrial or cable broadcaster that uses VFR...

Oh yes was going to comment on that but it seemed obvious. Why do they do it anyway? Are they using a variety of sources with different frame rates? From a quality standpoint it's probably a better thing if your hardware can handle it properly but not something many programs designed for broadcast TV are used to dealing with I guess.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why do they do it? I can only guess...
    To save bits => save money and/or keep their network less congested.

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok mm1352000... today I was ready to capture the footage with the download files from stepko.. but I slept since then! I cannot recall all the steps so now will have to revisit my posts and have a read.

i will try to get something done today if i can.

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    I have captured two screen dumps with Graphstudio.

The modified mpiptvsource.ax file was from Stepko back in January. I haven't looked to see if he has an updated one.

One observation is that both captured files breakup and pixelate during playback. This doesn't occur as often or as noticable if streamed in VLC or with OnlineVideos. Perhaps its the filter used.

Hope this helps...

:D

Attachments

• streamdump-rtp.rar
      6.9 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ausdigital,

Much appreciated... but what I was really hoping for was a longer recording. I'm thinking that I've resolved a big roadblock in TsReader but that there are now going to be issues with handling the variable frame rate. A longer recording (1 minute or so) would allow me to confirm that.

mm

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    mm1352000,

Here is a minute long version as requested. If you require long time that should be possible as this was only 12mb in size.

Cheers,

Ausdigital.

Attachments

• streamdump.rar
      11.4 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to clarify: is that a recording or a stream dump, because what I'm looking for is a plain recording. Something I can play in MP...

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    its a stream dump from graphstudio.

i have never been able to view iptv channels in media portal, herefore won't be able to record anything from it for you.

perhaps i could record something via online videos ?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom