IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (1 Viewer)

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
to 24RUS
What is a function of CyberLink MPEG Muxer in your patch ?
In my graph from previous post MPEG Muxer not present and video output pin from MPEG Push Demultiplexer connected directly to MPEG2 Video Decoder. IPTV work inside GrapEdit.
What will be if I exclude MPEG Muxer from patch ? I loose capture feature( it means recording, timeshifting ..) only or anything other also ?
Why I ask you about it - I have same problem with CyberLink MPEG Muxer as other guys from this thread.
And if I only want to see IPTV and don`t want use capture function then possibility to exclude MPEG Muxer will be solution fo me.

There are two major subgraphs in the Mediaportal achitecture:

TUNUNG AND CAPTURE SUBGRAPH -------------mpeg2av-----------> DECODING AND RENDERING SUBGRAPH

Tuning and capture subgraph (the subgraph_1) should be able to tune to a channel, demodulate video and sound signals and convert (or encode) them to a mpeg2 conposite av stream. This subgraph may recieve an Analog TV, DVB-T/S/C or ATSC by means of suitable PCI/USB cards with respective hardware chips and device drivers for them (part of which turns out to be the standard direcshow filters).

Decoding and rendering subgraph (the subgraph_2) extracts audio/video/teletext/epg from single wire (!) mpeg2 av stream and feeds them to appropriate codecs/renderers (sound card, desktop window, teletext engine, epg parser). To feed the single stream to multiple codecs/engines subgraph_2 uses kernel splitter, which can split a signal from only one input pin. For timeshifting purposes the Mediaportal relies on the Microsoft's SBE (Stream Buffer Engine), which requires the single wire too.

The only thing my patch does is changing the behavior of TuneChannel() function of SinkGraphEx class of subgraph_1. Instead of shifting the frequency of an input tuner chip, TuneChannel() "tunes" the Elecard NWSource filer to a new multicast address to recieve from. This is a relatively easy task.
My patch uses the CyberLink MPEG Muxer to mix the audio and the video back together to make a signal "single wire" and feeds it to the subgraph_2. If there will be two or more wires (e.g. separated audio and video) than one will need to rebuild a very deep core architectural aspects of the Mediaportal. Your are welcome to try :D :D :D .

p.s. You've written your have the same problem with the CyberLink MPEG Muxer as other guys from this thread. Is so, post your SW/HW configuration here, among with other guys having trouble with the CyberLink MPEG Muxer, lets find out what peculiarity causes this? Maybe too fast CPU with quad core? ;)

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
To check this hypothesis on your sustem try the following:
1. Retrieve a full DVB graph from Media Portal while watching DVB channel and save it.
2. Retrieve a full IPTV graph from Media Portal while watching IPTV channel and save it.
3. Try to play both graphs outside the Media Portal.
4. Try to play them in turn and note the results.
5. Find out which filters are used in both graphs or which are affected by both graphs.
6. Try to avoid using the same filters in both graphs.
7. Try to change versions of those filters, or replace them with similar ones.

Good luck in your investigations!

Hi all.

I just follow your steps and i found the error but i dont know whats the meaning...

The first time i see a iptv channel i can see it ok and in the graph i can see all the boxes blued, buen when i change to another iptv channel the firts box (Elecard NWSource) gets greyed and cant link with next box (Elecard MPEG Push Demultiplexer).

Maybe a filter version problem???

Help needed... :(

Corvus.

Attachments

• fallo.jpg
    fallo.jpg
    75.4 KB

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
OK. i just solved the problem...

I using graphedit i reproduce de graph from MP, and then i just added another NWSource with other direction. I get the same problem you can see in my las post, so i upgrade to NWSource-plus, and then the problem was another... It crash in the Mpeg Push Demultiplexer, when i change channel the filter gets blue, but no output appears, in the info it seems a timeout problem, so to upgrade this filter too i download the last elecard product (Xmuxer) and then all work ok. I can change channels, i can use timeshift, everithing works ok. And all are the same versions that i have earlier, but now works.

Great job 24RUS...

Corvus.

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Corvus.

Congratulations, it works for you.:)

Just one question: ¿por casualidad no lo utilizaras para ver Imagenio?, sorry :sorry: but my english is (still) bad, bad, bad.

corvus

Portal Member
    December 18, 2007
    Hi Corvus.

Congratulations, it works for you.:)

Just one question: ¿por casualidad no lo utilizaras para ver Imagenio?, sorry :sorry: but my english is (still) bad, bad, bad.

Sorry... i will respond in spanish, because "imagenio" is a service from a spanish ISP... but if somebody wants to know what im talking you only need to ask...

No, no es imagenio, pero como si lo fuese. A mi la tele me la da Superbanda, pero usa el mismo metodo que imagenio, utilizan multicast de la misma forma, si tienes alguna duda, mandame un privado y te intento ayudar.

Corvus.

24RUS

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Moscow
    Home Country
    24RUS:
    Have you seen this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my_mplayer-t19503.html
    It makes MP handle UDP, without need for Elecard codec (in other words: free)
    Of course, I've seen and tried either VLC or MPlayer plugins. But there are several fundamental disadvantages in "external player" solutions for IPTV viewing:
    1. No timeshifting.
    2. No programmes recording.
    3. No builtin EPG.
    4. No NVidia Purevideo HW acceleration.
    5. Not integrated with standard Mediaportal OSD.

A true free IPTV solution would be done if someone will add an UDP multicast support to an opensource sirectshow filter (like TSReader) of TVEngine3. I will try to do this in a near future.

Zeddicius

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Recording

Hi!

And thanks for this long awaited patch. I got it installed fairly easily. :D
    But now i was wondering:
    Is it possible to instal the card twice?
    I would like to be able to record a show at the same time as watching another.
    I believe my connection is more than suitable to watch several feeds at the same time.

24RUS

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Moscow
    Home Country
    Is it possible to instal the card twice?

1. Replace Configuration.exe with one in the archive attached.

2. Add the following fragment to the CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml:
    <capturecard commercialname="IPTV BuiltIn Card 2" capturename="IPTV BuiltIn 2" devid="IPTV BuiltIn 2">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="Elecard NWSource-Plus" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="demuxer" name="MainConcept MPEG Push Demultiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="CyberLink MPEG Muxer" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

3. Run Configuration.exe, add another IPTV card, add all the existing IPTV channels to a new card as well.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom