IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (2 Viewers)

beowulf

Portal Member
July 12, 2007
Use VLC as proxy

Thank you for this patch. It's working for me but with some glitches.

I have an idea to use VLC as a proxy for iptv streams to avoid the commercial product. I connect VLC to the UDP stream and then opens a mmsh output stream that I can connect to with Windows Media Player without Elecard filters installed.

The VLC output settings:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=mmsh,mux=ts,dst=localhost:1234}}

Now I want to connect to this stream from Mediaportal but I'm not sure it's possible using this patch? And what filters should I use for tvturner, demuxer and capture? I've supplied a graph.

Attachments

• mms-graph.JPG
    mms-graph.JPG
    43 KB

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I have an idea to use VLC as a proxy for iptv streams to avoid the commercial product. I connect VLC to the UDP stream and then opens a mmsh output stream that I can connect to with Windows Media Player without Elecard filters installed.

The VLC output settings:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=mmsh,mux=ts,dst=localhost:1234}}

Now I want to connect to this stream from Mediaportal...
Just couple of questions to make it clear: How are you going to change a channel? What program should restart VLC with new multicast address as an input stream?

beowulf

Portal Member
July 12, 2007

The VLC output settings:

Now I want to connect to this stream from Mediaportal...
Just couple of questions to make it clear: How are you going to change a channel? What program should restart VLC with new multicast address as an input stream?

I'll use an event in MCE Remote plugin (or IR Suite) to launch a VLC command.

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
I'll use an event in MCE Remote plugin (or IR Suite) to launch a VLC command.
Well so:
1. You will not be able to record programmes in background (since MP cannot generate such an event without a remote).
2. To keep the channel in sync with OSD/EPG stuff in MediaPortal, you will need to create number of channels with the same "localhost:1234" multicast url.
3. MediaPortal should setup its IPTV "tuner" filter to recieve IPTV traffic from "localhost:1234". Or this multicast url should be setup once after the IPTV filter creation.

Currently, this patch doesn't suit for this approach. But changing TuneChannel() logic will do the trick.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    No luck here.

Setup gives several errors:

(EDIT: Removed logs - no need)

Remark: Using latest SVN
    All OK in WMP

24RUS

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Moscow
    Home Country
    No luck here.
    Remark: Using latest SVN
    All OK in WMP

This patch is intended for stable 0.2.3.0 release of MP. There is no sense in replacing binary files from SVN build with ones from the patch binary archive. If you utterly need the funcionality of this patch with the latest SVN, then you need to merge source changes from the first post into latest SVN sources and rebuild MP.

Good luck.

7wondersx

Portal Member
    March 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :D

Very nice patch, exactly what I was looking for :)

I am getting video perfectly but seem to be missing out on the sound for all channels with ac3 sound. The thing is I get it fine when using vlc or directly entering the url in to graphedit. I have set MP to use elecard video decoder and MPA decoder for sound which is whats being used by graphedit when it works. This makes me suspect it has something to do with the cyberlink mpeg muxer or mpeg-2 demultiplexer which are present when using MP but not when going directly through graphedit. Does anyone have any ideas of other direct show multiplexers available to try or good recommendations on demultiplexers?

BTW: Is it supposed to display the elecard url part of the name in the channel list? I found a good workaround by putting in a massive space between the channel name and url which pushes it off the screen :)

I also found this nifty little tool called IPTV2HTPC that allows you to ghost your receiver box if needed like I do. The easyIpTv isnt bad either but still in beta so not very flexible. The source is available at the same as the above address for those that feel adventurous!

And to any swedish users out there that use telias iptv, pm me if you want the full channel listing to save you some efforts ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom