Is there a rename feature (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there a 'rename' function to make sure episodes are correctly titled .. Just like Moving Pictures ?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Is there a 'rename' function to make sure episodes are correctly titled .. Just like Moving Pictures ?
    I did custom build with remapping wrongly recognized episodes. Will ability to map local ile to another online episode is ok for you?
    Or you need renaming too?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did custom build with remapping wrongly recognized episodes. Will ability to map local ile to another online episode is ok for you?
    Or you need renaming too?
    The idea is that i VERY often scan my entire directory of files (tester for mp, multiple installs and uninstall quite often) and i want to click the "import button" and let it do everything relatively painlessly. Moving Pictures has a "rename all files/folders" option for after you have scanned everything correctly...so that the next time u do a full scan it wont take forever with lots of custom searching manually.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Edalex is doing awesome work on GUI expansion of MP-TVSeries, and will quite possibly add your request, but what you are after is already possible very easy with SickBeard's "Manage" -> "Mass Update" -> "rename" checkbox option after you first tell it to add your entire collection via "Add Shows" -> "Add Existing Shows".

Other solutions are TheReNamer and other tools that use TheTVdB, TVRage, wikipedia, etc to get the correct info from.

Be aware that not many automated tools are capable of properly detecting between DVD-order and Air-order, so things might get renamed incorrect on shows that have a big discrepency between those two orders.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    OK, I'll try to investigate renaming and mass renaing functionality if you say so ;)

Only if you really really want it :D

Thanks for your contributions though, it has pushed some forward momentum into something a lot of users want even those who do not know they will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
    Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Skin Properties DE
    Thanks RoChess. Somehow I always forget the web archive when looking for information that leads to dead links. :rolleyes:
    Thanks RoChess. Somehow I always forget the web archive when looking for information that leads to dead links. :rolleyes:
    Not sure if I’ve missed this info somewhere here but is there a full list or wiki that’s actually working with a full list of...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom