Is this too slow? (1 Viewer)

giovifree

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
i have istalled two day's ago one geforce 6200a on my htpc i buy it for €60, for me is the best choice for an htpc fully dx9 compliant, perfect partner for pure video decoder, fanless=noisless, low profile=better air circulation, good tv output

simply the best

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a duron 1200 with 512MB which works most of the time, only sometimes it's a little to slow I have a asus radeon 9550GE based on ati chipset. Also a radeon 9600 would be a goot suggestion. They have better performance then the fx5200 6200 cards for about the same price...

Upgrading the graphics card first is problebly the best thing to do as the dev team is getting cpu ussage down quite a bit lately.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Has anyone a suggestion for a new video card, which is dx9, fanless, and has s-video and composite tv-out with good quality?

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    giovifree said:
    for me the best is geforce 6200a, i have upgrade to it from an fx5200

Hi giovifree,

What caused you to upgrade from the FX5200? And have those issues disappeared with the new graphics card? I get video lag quite a bit, not to mention when I go fullscreen with WMP visualizations within MP, I can never exit. I really think everything else with my system should be up to the task (see my sig, below).

Does any of this sound familiar?

Regards,
    Aaron

giovifree

Portal Member
    February 7, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    well....

your system have more processor power......

mine is based on an old ecs k7s5a and
    xp 1800+
    1024mb 400ddr but fsb is limited at 133mhz
    sb audigy
    maxtor 80+250 gb
    dvd reader
    skystar2
    pinnacle 300i
    and now pow geforce 6200a

new card have 256mb and more power expecially together pure video
    now the small frameskip that plagued to me in the scenes where was a lot of zoom or fast scroll are passings and however i see a general improvement of the system also to visual level

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 mp2.3.2 slow Client DE
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET Memory Profiler or .NET Memory Profiler By Redgate | ANTS Memory Profiler help or not?
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET...
    Hello everyone. I have this "little" problem. MediaPortal, when fully booted and finished checking folders with videos, occupies...
    Replies
    Views
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Vorbemerkung: UPH-Zitate stammen von deren Webpräsenz, die Zitate von Cyberlink und Intel sind ebenfalls von deren Webpräsenz...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play fine. Most of the video files are Windows Media Video v8/9/10 I made sure both wmv3 wmv10 codecs in LAV and FFDshow are checked. I see that RadioTime is now a new software company called TuneIn How do I find...
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom