It can't find my TV Tuner Card???? (1 Viewer)

Cal

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
File

Thanks again guys. I have downloaded the file you posted. Thank-you. I will likely get a chance to try it in the next day or two and I will post the outcome. Thanks again for hanging in there with me on this.

I'll cross my fingers...

Cal:D

Cal

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
Result

Sadly, I downloaded the file, put it into the media portal directory and replaced the file that was there with it, but it still did not work. :(

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I am happy to keep chasing this one if you want to .... but there are no guarantees of success ... ;)

If you want to keep trying, could you please do the following:-

Run MediaPortal Setup again and try to add your TV card. After it fails, close MediaPortal Setup and then post the resulting MediaPortal.log file here as an attachment.

Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers and attach a screen shot of the Device Manager window here (or list all the drivers/filters that belong to your TV card)

Fill in your System Specification (under User CP at the top of this forum) so I can see what hardware and software you have.

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    I am happy to keep working on this too and appreciate your e=willingness as well. Afterall, we can't give up that easily ;-):p

I uninstalled media portal and plan to reinstall over the weekend. i'll complete the steps you suggested and post the results. and the file (as an attachment)

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    I filled this out as fsar as I could.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: B2
    Windows Version: XPP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Sempron (tm) 1.05 Ghz, 1.00 GB Ram
    HDD: 4 different hard drives. 3 maxtors 1 seagate
    Memory: I GB
    Motherboard: ??
    Motherboard Chipset: -??
    Motherboard Bios: -??
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX5200
    Video Card Driver: 8.1.9.4
    Sound Card: Behringer BCA 2000, and Audiby Platinum
    Sound Card AC3: ????
    Sound Card Driver: -???
    1. TV Card: FireDTV DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: See posts
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: 450w
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV -

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cal,

I have a few more queries....

The MediaPortal.log file looks like it was created by launching just MediaPortal? But, what I wanted you to do was launch MediaPortal Setup and go through the process of adding the ASUS card, then post the resulting MediaPortal.log file.

What version of MediaPortal are you using - the log says 0.2.2.0, but your system specs say 0.2.1.0 ... :confused:

Is the speed of your CPU really only 1.05 GHz? You need at least a Pentium 2.8 GHz CPU (or equivalent AMD) for software TV cards.

Does your ASUS TV card work with the ASUS application on this PC?

Your FireDTV DVB-T card is working fine in MediaPortal?

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    Re-Install log

I just did the reinstall and I ran the Media Portak set up. The problem is, during set up, it does not try to find the TV Tuner card. It is only when i run Media Portall and choose TV Wizard, that it tries to find the card.

After the re-install, I only ran MNedia Portal set up. It does not produce the same log file at this point. The only log file it produced was a configuratyion log file..which I am taaching.

. I have not run TV wizard yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom