BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me?
    What must I do to start a plugin with the TaskScheduler?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Following things are important:
    1. Check the interface's documentation in code file
    2. This is currently the only place where we use it in server, to schedule MediaLibrary imports: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...aManagement/ImporterWorkerNewGen.cs#L524-L559
    3. The scheduler itself does not execute procedures, it only sends messages for due events. The plugin has to listen for those message: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...aManagement/ImporterWorkerNewGen.cs#L417-L445

If you plan own imports you can use this service.

Just guessing, if you look for a way how to store other content in the media library (Web radio channels, cinema+programs...):
    you might consider to use the existing refresh job and add own:
    • MediaItemAspects (store data in DB)
    • MetadataExtractor (extract or collect them from remote source)
    • ResourceProvider/Accessor (provide the "raw" access to the remote source)
    Then in principle you only need to add a custom media source which will be imported in each night run.

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Following things are important:
    1. Check the interface's documentation in code file
    2. This is currently the only place where we use it in server, to schedule MediaLibrary imports: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...aManagement/ImporterWorkerNewGen.cs#L524-L559
    3. The scheduler itself does not execute procedures, it only sends messages for due events. The plugin has to listen for those message: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...aManagement/ImporterWorkerNewGen.cs#L417-L445
    I will test it again. But that's what I've tried the last days.
    I could see the start of the task, but the plugin did not get any message.
    However, I have registered as TaskId the id of the update module. :eek:

OK. I will test it again.

Thanks for your Help. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread