[solved] JRiver as external player (1 Viewer)

Icaro

Portal Pro
November 29, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
May be problem in MovPics? Try in standard MyVideo plugin...

--
WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

I tried,
in this way the .iso is loaded, after about 8-10sec. JRiver start, but the film does not start, even by pressing play in JRiver,
a window appears that says "moviexxxx not found", and the .iso is loaded in VCD

Icaro

Portal Pro
November 29, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
EDIT

Now with MyVideos,
everything works properly.
I select the Film and immediately start JRiver, the movie start with full menu (BD HD and BD UHD) :)
So there's something wrong with Moving Pictures,
thing ?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Perhaps the problem in the plugin, or in the settings of the plugin. I do not use them, so I can not help. Sorry.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok found the problem:
    in Moving Pictures to start JRiver, in "use external player" I have to set "False" :confused:
    And strangely now everything works great :);
    The wonderful interface and management of the Mediaportal library, and the highest video quality of JRiver + madVR, complete with full menu for BD HD and UHD!

Thank you all :notworthy::)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The wonderful interface and management of the Mediaportal library, and the highest video quality of JRiver + madVR, complete with full menu for BD HD and UHD!

It does look good but will JRiver play Bluray disks alone or Is a BD decoder required e.g. AnyDVD?

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    JRiver is like MPC or Mediaportal (so yes, it needs AnyDVD to play physical disks),
    but much more configurable and versatile, and in my opinion better as Video quality, thanks to "Red October HQ", and a better stability with madVR.
    Also for Audio it is considered among the best.
    The only thing I do not like in JRiver is the interface for managing the movie library.
    but with Mediaportal and JRiver as an external player, it's all beautiful

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    JRiver is like MPC or Mediaportal (so yes, it needs AnyDVD to play physical disks),

Ahh, but unlike MPC and Media Portal it is not freeware! To me it looks a bit pricey compared say to MP plus Cyberlink PowerDVD 18 for €65.99 (Amazon.de) which also has the advantage of being a legal player.:cautious:

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ahh, but unlike MPC and Media Portal it is not freeware! To me it looks a bit pricey compared say to MP plus Cyberlink PowerDVD 18 for €65.99 (Amazon.de) which also has the advantage of being a legal player.:cautious:

Yes it's true, JRiver has a price.
    But MPC is free, and offers more or less the same quality as JRiver.
    Powerdvd does not come close to the video quality offered by the players that support madVR,
    and in any case everyone needs Anydvd to read physical discs :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Powerdvd does not come close to the video quality offered by the players that support madVR,
    and in any case everyone needs Anydvd to read physical discs :)
    Yes I certainly agree that Madvr seems to be the best around but you don't need AnyDVD or MPC to use it. If you are willing to forego BD menu support (flaky at best with AnyDVD) and don't like PowerDVD then convert to .mkv with MakMKV and play direct from MP1 with Madvr, 100% freeware.

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes I certainly agree that Madvr seems to be the best around but you don't need AnyDVD or MPC to use it. If you are willing to forego BD menu support (flaky at best with AnyDVD) and don't like PowerDVD then convert to .mkv with MakMKV and play direct from MP1 with Madvr, 100% freeware.

I have all the movie library in .iso 1:1, I want the BD Full Menu.
    And the JRiver player supports it very well, even if for physical disks you always need Anydvd.
    Unfortunately I have always had problems using madVR with MP combined with the BD Menu does not always respond well.
    While with JRiver (or MPC), madVR and the BD Full menu, everything is perfectly integrated and runs smoothly.

But it's probably just my problem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread