[solved] JRiver as external player (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In MP Config select full path to JRiver player (drive:\fullpath\mc24.exe)
    In Parameters set /Play %filename% or /Play "%filename%"

Or try run manualy from cmd, press [Win][R] enter cmd and press [Enter]
    In command line enter drive:\fullpath\mc24.exe /Play drive:\fullpathtovideo\video.mkv
    And check work or not ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have done a real quick install of JRiver, the X64 version and using the settings shown in the screenshot this played a video from MP1 in JRiver.
    jriv1.jpg
    i.e Media Center24.exe seems to be the way to go.:)

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you guys,
    Unfortunately I also tried it, but nothing happens.
    :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you play the video you are testing from MP directly in JRiver, if yes then MP debug logs needed.

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :eek: Wow,
    in debug mode it works,
    But I loaded the ISO manually,
    Play, and the film started with JRiver
    But I normally use the Skin Titanus, with Automount and Autoplay,
    but with JRiver it does not work
    While in Debug mode it starts with Titan.
    What can it be?

Perhaps a problem with VCD and Automount?
    Here the Log

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_10_03_19__19_36.zip
      30.7 KB
    Last edited:

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Can you play the video you are testing from MP directly in JRiver, if yes then MP debug logs needed.

I noticed now that when I select Play, the ISO is mounted, and after a second unmounted.
    Maybe that's why JRiver does not start ?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But you managed to start an ISO automatically ?

My initial test was with a video file (.mkv). This morning I have tested with both an iso and an actual Bluray disk using the settings shown in the screenshots, note if the .iso was originally a Bluray you do need to specify JRiver as the external player also in the Bluray settings (last screenshot).

The Bluray iso mounted automatically and MP asks me if I want to open it, "yes" and it starts playing immediately in JRiver, without a menu. With an actual Bluray Disk MP switched to JRiver where I got a message saying I needed to install an additional program to play Blurays.

I used both Titan and Default Wide HD skins.

jriv1.jpg jriv2.jpg jriv3.jpg jriv4.jpg
    All looks good to me.:)

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My initial test was with a video file (.mkv). This morning I have tested with both an iso and an actual Bluray disk using the settings shown in the screenshots, note if the .iso was originally a Bluray you do need to specify JRiver as the external player also in the Bluray settings (last screenshot).

The Bluray iso mounted automatically and MP asks me if I want to open it, "yes" and it starts playing immediately in JRiver, without a menu. With an actual Bluray Disk MP switched to JRiver where I got a message saying I needed to install an additional program to play Blurays.

I used both Titan....:)

I tried in every way but nothing,
    the ISO is mounted and disassembled immediately without giving JRiver time to start.

I also use Moving Pictures, the same settings I put there, but nothing.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    May be problem in MovPics? Try in standard MyVideo plugin...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread