Jumping in show list? (1 Viewer)

Freethefire

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
Hi,

Thanks again for a brilliant plugin!

I've set up a home built ir receiver with my htpc (Attiny85 based). And I was wondering if there are any keyboard shortcuts for moving quickly up and down the list? Since my 123 sms style jumping technique isn't working atm, and scrolling with many shows is a pain.
I thought it that just pressing the key on the keyboard would jump to that letter, but that wasn't the case.

Thanks for your time!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Freethefire or research why your 123-SMS method is not working, because the navigation is all handled by MediaPortal and shared between plugins.

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    @Freethefire or research why your 123-SMS method is not working, because the navigation is all handled by MediaPortal and shared between plugins.
    I will RoChess, thanks for the hint!
    It's not working because the ir receiver is running as a simple HID keyboard, and is only programmed for 1-9 digits on the 1-9 buttons(ie button 1-9 on a keyboard).
    But anyway, thanks to Itfearme, it's tolerable to navigate my series in the mean time ☺️

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought it that just pressing the key on the keyboard would jump to that letter, but that wasn't the case.
    In other areas of MP, the letter has to be upper case to cause a skip to the first entry that begins with that letter. This is because the lower case letters are used for shortcuts and other functions. Example:

h == goto "Home" panel.
    H == goto first entry in the list that begins with a letter "H" in upper or lower case.

I have never used the "MyTvSeries" plugin, but if @RoChess is correct that it is MP that does the navigation, the behaviour should be the same (so upper case should work to cause a jump).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    h == goto "Home" panel.
    H == goto first entry in the list that begins with a letter "H" in upper or lower case.

@CyberSimian, where did you find this information? Is it written down somewhere or is it just common knowledge?
    Just tried it with capital letters and it didn't work unfortunately. I just wanted to see if there is any more info where you found this info.
    Thanks again!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    where did you find this information?
    Good question. I don't recollect reading it anywhere (although I may have done), so I possibly found it by trial and error. In a long alphabetic list, it is an obvious facility to support to allow rapid scrolling to the section of the list that you want.

Just tried it with capital letters and it didn't work unfortunately.
    I have just tried this in the "Videos" section of MP, using MP 1.12f, and it works as I described in my previous post. Try this for yourself, to see if it works for you in the "Videos" section.

(1) If it does not work in "Videos", your keystrokes are possibly getting mangled somewhere, or you are not sending the correct values. I should mention that I used a conventional keyboard, not SMS style (which probably doesn't work with this facility).

(2) If it does work in "Videos", then it is probably the "MyTvSeries" plugin that does not actually support this facility (even though @RoChess said that it does).

One further thought occurs to me. I am using the Ortek/Hama remote control, with the "Centarea HID" mapping layer. I have a vague recollection that when the new support for MCE remote controls was introduced several releases ago, this facility was lost. There is some flexibility in the support for MCE remotes, so it may be a simple matter of making the correct selections, but I am not that familiar with it to be able to advise you. Perhaps @Stéphane Lenclud can help?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    @CyberSimian. Thank you for such a informative answer!
    I will look in to it again, and definitely try the shortcuts in "Videos".
    If it doesn't, I'll probably do a fresh install of MP, just to rule out any old customizations done by me that might be responsible for the problem.

Brilliant and prompt support as always! It makes me really happy☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom