KNC ONE TV-Station CI/CAM not recognized (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good stuff, I have added it to SVN!
    Cheers morpheus_xx
    Just 2 big ones to go! ;-)

DMAN

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GOOD NEWS !!!!

I got it ! CI handling now works partitially! :)

Based on a very good tip from a DVBViewer-Forum member I found out:
    - The SendPMTCommand function requires a CA_PMT, not the whole PMT
    - He told me it's also required for Twinhan cards
    - I took the special caPmt handling from MP-Twinhan functions and:

I can descramble channels :)

The handling isn't perfect yet. When testing in setuptv it works, but zapping in MP often gives "channel scrambled".

But we are on the right way ...

Morpheus_xx

Ramonster

Portal Member
    January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

Same problem here!

Just finished installing my HTPC and was now looking into MP, because GlobeTV isn't that TV friendly as the name would suspect. I have a newer card I think, beacause it originally was not dectected. I now have the channels scanned and can watch the unscrambeled chanel. I can see the EPG which is strange as it is encrypted as well? Starting an encrypted channel gives me the scrambled error as well.

I am mainly a Java programmer, but know ansi C and did some Visual Basic and a lot of Delhi 5 programming. I think i will have a look at this, but don't get your hopes up because I don't have any experience with CI programming or MP.

Some of you are switching between GlobeTV and MP. Have you got the original drivers and the BDA drive both installed? For me GlobeTV is not working with the BDA driver as I cannot start the CI? MP is not working with the original driver, so how are you doing this?

I hope this issue will be solved soon, because the MP interface is verry good in my opinion and i like opensource applications.

Cheers,
    Ramon

O didn't see the last post, looks like Morpheus is close to the solution. I think i will leave it to him and just help testing the stuff. When do you think you can give us a test run of your modifications?

Thanx!!!

Ramonster

Portal Member
    January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I will test it today, but firtst i'm going to setup TvCentral so I can watch tv in the meantime and make sure everything is working.

How does MP know it's got a KNC One TV station DVB-C card. My card was not in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml do you make a mapping somewhere based on the devid? How can I detect your new code is executed (some specific log message?).

I will post my test results when I have done some testing.

-00-

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is really funny that the manufacturer of these cards do not offer their API and have a FAQ database so that everybody knows how the API works. I mean when more and more programs support their cards - they can sell more cards... what's the problem?

Ramonster

Portal Member
    January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, it doesn't make any common sense to me as well.

If they think MP is too much competition than they can just include a version of it on there disc and make MP work perfectly with there card. I don't think there own GlobeTv can match any of the real software out there, so I think they should focus on what they are good at, which is making verry good cards and start helping the media player software to make there cards work. But hey, who am I to judge.

-00-

Ramonster

Portal Member
    January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a bit of looking around, but where do i put the files?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How does MP know it's got a KNC One TV station DVB-C card. My card was not in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml do you make a mapping somewhere based on the devid? How can I detect your new code is executed (some specific log message?).

the capturecarddefinitions is only for the old "2" tv engine. The detection of knc1 cards are done by device/dshow-filter names. It's required to use BDA drivers though

the tvlibrary is for the tvserver only. so it must be place somewhere like "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server".

To see logs take a look for "tv.log" and "tswriter.log" (there is a button in tvserver setup "open log folder")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom