[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (2 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I admit that if the skin can resolve a variable so should MiniDisplay. Therefore we should indeed be able to fix it all in MiniDisplay.
    Again I have no issues whatsoever with the StreamedMP skin, you could use it until this issue gets fixed.
    It's probably a case of our skins or skin engine having evolved and MiniDisplay did not.

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx - and sorry for late response. I will check with StreameMP as workarround. Nevertheless problems with some plugins might still exist.
    Do you think an update of MiniDisplay could be done for the next release to fix the issue?

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Quite some time ago that I reported some problems with MiniDisplay some posts above.
    Good to see that there is some progress now in the latest V1.17 pre release on MiniDisplay.
    I tried it out with the latest version and Default Wide HD Screen. In the Basic Home Screen
    the second row of the Display is not permanently displaying "hedit.main.use.4" any longer, but ....

For "TV" it is shown "#TV1", for "Picture it is shown "#Picture1", for "´Music" it is shown "#.Music"
    and so on. Please see some attached Pictures.

So the bug fixing is going in the right direction. Is this behavior known and will further fixes come in the final release 1.17 ?
    Is there something I can configurate by myself to get propper displayed info in line 2 ?
    Where has the Problem been fixed so far (Skin or MiniDisplay Driver)?

Thanks for providing some Feedback.

Attachments

• DSC02953.JPG
      DSC02953.JPG
      526.8 KB
    • DSC02954.JPG
      DSC02954.JPG
      532.3 KB
    • DSC02955.JPG
      DSC02955.JPG
      540.2 KB
    • DSC02956.JPG
      DSC02956.JPG
      539.8 KB
    • DSC02957.JPG
      DSC02957.JPG
      551.7 KB
    • DSC02958.JPG
      DSC02958.JPG
      536.7 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So the bug fixing is going in the right direction. Is this behavior known and will further fixes come in the final release 1.17 ?
    For 1.17Pre
    1. Backup standart MiniDisplayLibrary.dll
    2. Replace standart MiniDisplayLibrary.dll with MiniDisplayLibrary.dll from zip
    3. Try ...

PS: @azzuro plz test :)

Attachments

• MiniDisplayLibrary.dll.zip
      428.9 KB
    Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello ajs, it seems the tricks you mentionned few weeks ago.

the mindisplay.xml setting file need to be updated too, the first one created by Mindisplay during the 1st initialization is broken

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    the mindisplay.xml setting file need to be updated too, the first one created by Mindisplay during the 1st initialization is broken
    I do not understand anything about this, can open a new Jira, and make a change. Till the 11th. And then it will all fall into 1.17. I hope.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ajs Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

I just had a look at the fix and I don't quite get it. We have nested levels of variables?
    Could you explain what's going on here? It's also good practice to comment your code with plain English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom