[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    As a rule, 2 transformations are enough. But just in case it can be done 3 times. That for sure. The more so in the procedure is the verification, on the possible content of the property.

--
    WBR, ajs

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    because due to many variable to be converted by mp, it need to do it 3x for resolve the good result.
    I can see that but why, and why just for some skins? I'm concerned we are just working around the issue rather than analysing the whole problem and coming up with an optimal solution.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can see that but why, and why just for some skins? I'm concerned we are just working around the issue rather than analysing the whole problem and coming up with an optimal solution.
    This occurs in the skins in which an editor with multilevel property assignment is used. It can improve this by improving the property parsing procedure. But this breaks the DWHD skin. So we decided to leave it as it is. Ie by design. :)

--
    WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Skins with Editor and multilevel properties: DWHD, Ares. But Correction of this procedure will break only DWHD :)

--
    WBR, ajs

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ajs,

sorry for my late response, I was at work too and had no chance to test the patch earlier.
    Great Job! The patch is working with 1.17pre. :):):)
    There is only one minor thing left (would not call it issue) : After starting up MP and entering Home Screen,
    the initially selected item is no displayed in minidisplay. In this case you still see "Media Portal" and the clock.
    As soon as you move the cursor once everthing is working correctly with Default Wide HD Skin.
    Thank you again for this update in such short time!

If you think you can fix the above mentioned, let me know. I will test and feedback.

regards, jassmel

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After starting up MP and entering Home Screen,
    the initially selected item is no displayed in minidisplay. In this case you still see "Media Portal" and the clock.
    As soon as you move the cursor once everthing is working correctly with Default Wide HD Skin.

It's not a bug it's a feature. When MP is idle MiniDisplay shows MediaPortal and the time. I would not bother changing that.

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you are right. After thinking about it some more minutes, I came also to the conclusion that this is a feature and not a bug.
    As soon as MP Home Screen is idle after switching from e.g. TV to Music it changed again to "Media Portal" and clock.
    So no reason to change anything here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom