[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @Stéphane Lenclud

Can u reproduce the issue with a dummy display and
    Default Wide set as Basic Home?

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The issue is that when i am using Basic Home then each time i am at the Basic Home menu then VFD is displaying the following: Mediaportal #item name, it does that on each menu in basic home, in classic home it works fine displaying the module name properly. I wonder how u guys work around that?
    I have the same issue with the new DefaultWideHD skin (see my question from january, but no answer about this issue). Really a problem. Titan extended is discontinued, with DefaultWideHD I can also configure my homescreen, but everytime I want use Mediaportal I have to turn on my TV.

i have the same problem
    it's not specific to Imon too, you can try to use the dummy minidisplay, it show the same info.
    I don't think it's related to minidisplay. I have the same issue if I use the remote control from aMPdroid :-/

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    So it seems this is affecting not only MiniDisplay. Could it be then some skin bug?
    But then again many skins are affected.

@catavolt
    Do u have maybe an idea?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Could it be then some skin bug?
    Can´t be a skin bug ;) Seems the imon display does not resolve the properties correct ;)
    Like i said it is happening with Dummy display as well.
    U dont need any actual display to test it. Just select dummy display and navigate through menus in a basic hime mode on any skin.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok after some more investigation i found the issue.
    It is a combo of the way skin developers code BasicHome.xml and how MiniDisplay is retrieving data by using #highlightedbutton property command.
    I am at work now but will explain later with details what exactly is going on.
    TLDR: BasicHome.xml on problematic skins is missing the values <visible> and <label> as result MiniDisplay is unable to display proper values.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    you can also see on context menu, none action are displayed on minidisplay, on the contextmenu name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom