[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanx, will try it and report back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    --- Post updated ---
    No luck:(

Capture.JPG

BTW i think the reason it works in Titan Basic Home is this:
    <control>
    <description>BasicHome Music</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>2</id>
    <posX>52</posX>
    <posY>353</posY>
    <width>594</width>
    <height>241</height>
    <textureFocus>basichome_menu_item_label_overlay.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>basichome_menu_item_label_overlay.png</textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>501</hyperlink>
    <label>2</label>
    <font>TitanLight20</font>

Titan Basic Home defines BUTTON names directly inside BasicHome.xml

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I tested this new approach:

XML:
    <define>#highlightedbutton:#(string.format('{0}',#highlightedbutton))</define>
      <!--define>#usePlayFanart:Yes</define-->
    <controls>
      <control>
        <description>Dummy button for minidisplay</description>
        <type>button</type>
        <posX>1500</posX>
        <posY>20</posY>
        <id>2</id>
        <label>#highlightedbutton</label>
        <textureFocus />
        <textureNoFocus />
        <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
       </control>
    I made the define to get the correct value string out of #highlightedbutton and then put the #highlightedbutton in the button label.
    This time I put the button on the x/y positions inside the screen and also put a textcolor to be visible.

The correct result can be seen from this 2 screenshots (in the upper right):

11-20-35.jpg 11-20-57.jpg

So #highlightedbutton HAS the correct value and should be shown correct on minidisplay ;)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Enable MiniDisplay plugin and then select debug driver for it. Now when u start MP the Dummy window will show up.

Capture.JPG

PS. U cannot see it in full screen.
    --- Post updated ---
    Btw @catavolt did u read THIS?

Especially this part:
    They disconnect the button from the label. #highlightedbutton therefore doesn't work.

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i read this disussion some weeks ago, because I have the same problem using MiniDisplay plugin together with VF displays in OrigenAE HTPC cases but unfortunately the discussion stopped ~ 10weeks ago. I’m using IRTANS display and IMON, but both behave the same in combination with the new skin Default WideHD. The behavior can be verified using the Dummy Display inside MiniDisplay Plugin as proposed by Kotik some posts before. So specific display hardware is not needed.

The problem seem to be mix of MiniDisplay driver capabilities and how a skin is programmed. Going to basic home, the first line of the display is ok (“Startbildschirm”), but the second line in basic home, is displayed as “#hedit.main.use.4”. This is caused by a label defined in the file “BasicHomeEditor.main.text.xml” in line 51 inside a button control, it is not related to BasicHome.xml using no button statements as assumed before:

<control>
    <description>Key control</description>
    <id>810101</id>
    <type>button</type>
    <posX>-999</posX>
    <posY>-999</posY>
    <label>#hedit.main.use.4</label> <-- content of variable will not be displayed on MiniDisplay, but the name of the variable (plain text)
    <textXOff>2000</textXOff>
    <textureFocus></textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus></textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>#(string.format('{0}.hyperlink',#hedit.main.use.4))</hyperlink>
    <hyperlinkParameter>#(string.format('{0}.parameter',#hedit.main.use.4))</hyperlinkParameter>
    <action>#(string.format('{0}.action',#hedit.main.use.4))</action>
    <onleft>#hedit.main.backward</onleft>
    ………

What I found out is the following (I’m not a skin expert):

Using a variable like #hedit.main.use.4 or #highlightedbutton in conjunction with a label definition inside a button control to be handover to MiniDisplay is not working. In those cases, it will be directly show as plain text on the display. You can also put a number in (e.g. 605). In this case the text defined by an ID inside the language file (e.g. strings_de.xml) will be shown. Button lables defined with variables are shown correctly on the screen. That is the reason why the proposal of Catavolt is showing the text correctly on the screen, but not on MiniDisplay.

My Conclusion : Displaying the content of a label as variable content inside a button control on MiniDisplay is not working. One fix could be, to add this feature to MiniDisplay driver.

On the other hand using the myHome screen (see attached fotos), MiniDisplay is showing both lines correctly. But in myHome.xml seem to be realized in different way not using control buttons, but a button menue. The content of #highlightedbutton is transferred to MiniDisplay not via label statements, but in a (to be unknown) different way. I don’t think, it will be an easyone to adapt BasicHome in the same way that it is working correctly with MiniDisplay. Maybe it is easier to add a feature to MiniDisplay Driver itself. I observe that the skins of others plug-ins are also partly affected in a same manner (e.g. mywheather, HTPCInfo).

I hope this give new impulses to this topic. Maybe there are some more ideas to solve this problem.

Catavolt, can you also handover or discuss this with the programmer of MiniDisplay plugin?

Thx a lot!

Attachments

• Basic_Home.JPG
      Basic_Home.JPG
      2.1 MB
    • Basic_Home_Display.JPG
      Basic_Home_Display.JPG
      2.4 MB
    • My_Home.JPG
      My_Home.JPG
      1.7 MB
    • My_Home_Display.JPG
      My_Home_Display.JPG
      2.1 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice analysis (y) - I think when developing the minidisplay drivers MP didn´t have the functionality as it has now, so the capability of replacing variables into the proper names fails. Will contact the minidisplay dev hoping for resolving this problem ;)

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for very quick response and bring that issue to the right level.
    I guess it is the best approach to adapt MiniDisplay driver. I guess it will solve the issue in all plugins, which are currently showing that problem.

Let me knoiw, if I should test something else.

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    unfortunately, I'm not a programmer/developer and have not the skills to do it. Nevetheless I could try out something, if a proposal or draft is availbale.
    Can you bring that up to Stephane Lenclud, or did you already. (Don't know how issues are forwarded / handled inside the dev. community)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom