Launch other soft fron within media center (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

how about being able to launch another software from within media center? if i wanna use my current tv software , i have to able to launch it. but other soft could be launched like that to copy a cd or a dvd.

A

Anonymous

I was literally just about to post this request when I saw yours.

Currently I use myhtpc and one of the nice things about it is the ability to launch any program. My main use for this feature is to launch emulators like MAME and gens etc. It would be really useful to be able to create a main button for "Games" and then below that have other buttons which launch other emulators.

The second part of this equation is that Myhtpc has programs which let you generate data files which are then displayed in myhtpc. You run a data file generating program against a set of Roms in this case, and then myhtpc reads that data file. Kinda of like how you hit "Scan" in My Music and then Media Portal has a list of files it just hands off to another program to play. Except in this case you would be scanning Roms or Movies etc and then handing them off to the right program which then plays them automatically with no user intervention.

I hope this rambling makes sense. Can't wait to see this program grow, which I'm sure it wil l thanks to you making it Open Source.

A

Anonymous

same here. htpc is a nice concept but the power of a pc cant be ignored, some apps are always needed here and there...

A

Anonymous

from the day media portal will support that, it will kick some serious ass! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom