Launch other soft fron within media center

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Anonymous, April 24, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how about being able to launch another software from within media center? if i wanna use my current tv software , i have to able to launch it. but other soft could be launched like that to copy a cd or a dvd.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was literally just about to post this request when I saw yours.

Currently I use myhtpc and one of the nice things about it is the ability to launch any program. My main use for this feature is to launch emulators like MAME and gens etc. It would be really useful to be able to create a main button for "Games" and then below that have other buttons which launch other emulators.

The second part of this equation is that Myhtpc has programs which let you generate data files which are then displayed in myhtpc. You run a data file generating program against a set of Roms in this case, and then myhtpc reads that data file. Kinda of like how you hit "Scan" in My Music and then Media Portal has a list of files it just hands off to another program to play. Except in this case you would be scanning Roms or Movies etc and then handing them off to the right program which then plays them automatically with no user intervention.

I hope this rambling makes sense. Can't wait to see this program grow, which I'm sure it wil l thanks to you making it Open Source.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    same here. htpc is a nice concept but the power of a pc cant be ignored, some apps are always needed here and there...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes this is a "must to have".

Asi

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    from the day media portal will support that, it will kick some serious ass! 8)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!