Lightpack help! (1 Viewer)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice.. Very cool... Can hyperion run on Windows or is it necessary to use a pi?

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Very impressive and very fast... Also a little intimidating with the raspberry pi...

Maybe the next step :)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If get my self a pi, will I need anything else..? I really like to avoid something to change my hdmi setup... But it seems a raspberry and hyperion will do the job, is that right?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you only use AtmoLight you will need a rPi (1b or 2) and a Arduino Uno R3 (or anything that can do > 115200 baud rate) and comes at around 60 euros over here which isn't too bad considering the results.

For capturing all HDMI connections like dvr/console its a bit more expensive but have those parts listed in the guide, currently using AtmoLight for media playback and capturing on the consoles which works very nice.

Your leds should be compatible as Lightpack probably uses the WS2801 or WS2812B but would check just in case as during configuration you will need to know the led type, if you want to upgrade the leds later this setup is flexible enough to support just about any led type out there.
    With the WS2801 leds you don't need the Arduino however you would need additional parts to connect it easily so better off with getting the Arduino.

Made a guide for it which isn't perfect so if you have any question feel free to post there :) :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...project-guide-hyperion-ws2801-ws2812b.128526/

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IMG_9695_1024x1024.jpg%3Fv%3D1387831197

Just plug in usb, and go.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hyperion indeed supports lightpack out of the box only configuring them with HyperCon might get weird due to the offsets between each of those areas, so long as its a fixed distance between each strip it should be precise enough I guess :)

http://lightpack.tv/faq
    "Prismatik is based on Qt framework, which last version perfectly compiles for Raspberry Pi, and Prismatik can be run in background even without GUI. Also it's possible to run Lightpack with 3rd-party software, like BobLight or Hyperion. Check out our 7th Kickstarter update for RPi details."

Couldn't find a config example on the Hyperion Wiki but there are some on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lightpack/comments/1yo0ln/working_hyperion_config/

@zekaja so comes down to installing OpenElec on the rPI, afterwards installing Hyperion on it and connecting the Lightpack device.
    Can create a config with HyperCon or by using above example and start up Hyperion, following that you can configure AtmoLight by using the DIY guide which has a chapter on that.

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Omg....fantastic.... I will order my rpi next month and try this out...

It is a little intimidating with Linux stuff, but with your help I quess I can figure it out..

Thnx for your help and research... Amazing what you do..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom