[fixed] Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Attached are modified Core.dll and dshowhelper.dll for MP 1.2.0 Alpha for testing - copy these into \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (but backup the original dll's first, just in case!)

I've modified the fast-forward and rewind behaviour for TV and Video playback - this fixes the problems on my Vista systems, but I can't test this on Win7. Note that Video FFWD/REW also now mutes the sound (unless you are bitstreaming) to match the TV behaviour.

Tony

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Denmark Denmark
    Attached are modified Core.dll and dshowhelper.dll for MP 1.2.0 Alpha for testing - copy these into \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (but backup the original dll's first, just in case!)

I've modified the fast-forward and rewind behaviour for TV and Video playback - this fixes the problems on my Vista systems, but I can't test this on Win7. Note that Video FFWD/REW also now mutes the sound (unless you are bitstreaming) to match the TV behaviour.

Tony

When putting these two files into MP 1.2 alpha SVN26846 mediaportal does not load up. In the middle of "loading input devices" it minimizes to tray and stays there. Copied the original files back and now it works again.

Will try the patch later on and see if thats the same behaviour.

thanks
    Mylle

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    When putting these two files into MP 1.2 alpha SVN26846 mediaportal does not load up. In the middle of "loading input devices" it minimizes to tray and stays there. Copied the original files back and now it works again.

thanks
    Mylle
    The core.dll is for MP 1.2.0 Alpha release version only (SVN 26638)

I'll generate a patch against the latest SVN later.

Tony

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Denmark Denmark

thanks
    Mylle
    The core.dll is for MP 1.2.0 Alpha release version only (SVN 26638)

I'll generate a patch against the latest SVN later.

Tony
    Great. Thanks

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    This Patch works fine under Win7 in MyTV. But one probelm exists. In myMusic ffwd is OK, REW doesn't work.

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze

I tested this 2 files, too. (only with Live-TV)
    W7 x86 and it works well! But i have still one improvement suggestion:
    Now when i'm pressing REW and MP reaches the end of the timeshift buffer, it switches automatically to the play mode.
    It would be great if the same would happen when pressing FFWD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    S IPTV from online m3u8 for Aussie Live TV General Support 9
    K Flickering live TV playback Newcomers Forum 3
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    vvulture UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV General Support 6
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    404 How to turn off narration on live tv General 2
    Volker MP2 Rewind / zurückspulen bei Live TV funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    G Live Tv friert ein Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 47
    U [solved] Beginner needs help recording live TV General 19
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    rbo Fehlermeldung im Live-TV TV / Streaming 6
    R Pixellation on live TV every few seconds General Support 11
    M After a while Live TV or Recorded TV doesn't play first time General Support 9
    S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
    S [solved] Live TV playing stopped General 13
    S Mediaportal 1.22 Pre-Release remote live-tv freezes MediaPortal 1.22 Pre Release 0
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    E [solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility General 8
    D Skip to end/live during dvbip recording causes it to stop playing instead. General Support 15
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4