[fixed] Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attached are modified Core.dll and dshowhelper.dll for MP 1.2.0 Alpha for testing - copy these into \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (but backup the original dll's first, just in case!)

I've modified the fast-forward and rewind behaviour for TV and Video playback - this fixes the problems on my Vista systems, but I can't test this on Win7. Note that Video FFWD/REW also now mutes the sound (unless you are bitstreaming) to match the TV behaviour.

Tony

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Attached are modified Core.dll and dshowhelper.dll for MP 1.2.0 Alpha for testing - copy these into \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (but backup the original dll's first, just in case!)

I've modified the fast-forward and rewind behaviour for TV and Video playback - this fixes the problems on my Vista systems, but I can't test this on Win7. Note that Video FFWD/REW also now mutes the sound (unless you are bitstreaming) to match the TV behaviour.

Tony

When putting these two files into MP 1.2 alpha SVN26846 mediaportal does not load up. In the middle of "loading input devices" it minimizes to tray and stays there. Copied the original files back and now it works again.

Will try the patch later on and see if thats the same behaviour.

thanks
    Mylle

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When putting these two files into MP 1.2 alpha SVN26846 mediaportal does not load up. In the middle of "loading input devices" it minimizes to tray and stays there. Copied the original files back and now it works again.

thanks
    Mylle

The core.dll is for MP 1.2.0 Alpha release version only (SVN 26638)

I'll generate a patch against the latest SVN later.

Tony

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

thanks
    Mylle

The core.dll is for MP 1.2.0 Alpha release version only (SVN 26638)

I'll generate a patch against the latest SVN later.

Tony

Great. Thanks

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This Patch works fine under Win7 in MyTV. But one probelm exists. In myMusic ffwd is OK, REW doesn't work.

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze

I tested this 2 files, too. (only with Live-TV)
    W7 x86 and it works well! But i have still one improvement suggestion:
    Now when i'm pressing REW and MP reaches the end of the timeshift buffer, it switches automatically to the play mode.
    It would be great if the same would happen when pressing FFWD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom