[fixed] Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze (2 Viewers)

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Would a problem I am currently experiencing be the same bug/issue? As follows:-

With 1.1.1 I could FF a TV recording reasonable ok, but now immediately after upgrading to 1.2.0 FF doesn't work at all.
    If I start playing a recording then going to 2x the video on screen freezes but the timer still shows as if it's time slipping. However, pressing PLAY and it does nothing, I don't get to the FF'd position. X4 and up is obviously the same.

I have started a new thread but got to thinking this is all related.

Ian.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Would a problem I am currently experiencing be the same bug/issue? As follows:-

With 1.1.1 I could FF a TV recording reasonable ok, but now immediately after upgrading to 1.2.0 FF doesn't work at all.
    If I start playing a recording then going to 2x the video on screen freezes but the timer still shows as if it's time slipping. However, pressing PLAY and it does nothing, I don't get to the FF'd position. X4 and up is obviously the same.

I have started a new thread but got to thinking this is all related.

Ian.

Logs ???

Have you tried the dll's in this thread ?

Does FFWD work in the Video player ?

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Logs ???

Tony

The DLL's did not help, no difference.

FFWD works fine on videos.....I tried both SD (VOB) & HD (MKV), no problems.

I tried, out of interest, copying one of the recorded TS files to my VIDEOS folder and played from there.....as expected FFWD not working from there either.

So problem looks to be with .TS files.

PS. I am using SEF 5.0.

Ian.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK thanks guys - it seems to be a problem when the 'smooth' FFWD (up to x4 on Win7) reaches the end of the timeshift file.

I'll try and see if I can get it to happen on my system....

Tony

Managed to get it to fail on my system too....

Please try the attached Core.dll

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Logs ???

Tony

The DLL's did not help, no difference.

FFWD works fine on videos.....I tried both SD (VOB) & HD (MKV), no problems.

I tried, out of interest, copying one of the recorded TS files to my VIDEOS folder and played from there.....as expected FFWD not working from there either.

So problem looks to be with .TS files.

PS. I am using SEF 5.0.

Ian.

Logs ??? (again)

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Logs ??? (again)

Tony

Yes, apologies apologies for that. Here we go:-

There are two sets, 1st with using ARCSOFT TV video codec, and 2nd with MS one.
    The ARCSOFT one is better, at least the screen does update rather than freeze, however, at 2x the whole FFWD is slower than normal speed, I can see that with the time counter. Very slow & stoppy-starty.
    The MS one just gives one screenshot at the start then never updates, and when you hit PLAY the FFWD OSD does dissappear but the screen is stuck/frozen, and I have to press STOP to quit. The time counter does update all through the FFWD though, so it's not as if MP has crashed.

Note:
    1. Both sets use the ARCSOFT codecs for video which FFWD flawlessly, very smooth.
    2. Both tests using the same pre-recorded TS to play (recorded when MS codec was in place).
    3. Using SAF 5.0

It just looks like TS files are a problem.

UPDATE:
    I was playing back an SD clip just now and notice that when I hit PLAY, for the first second or so the FFWD appears to be very smooth, I can see the fast video motion on screen, but then it just stops/stutters.

Ian.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This is my main MP/Tv machine, a standalone single seat. I'm not streaming.

Ian.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Ian.

The reason for the question was because there seems to be a lot of RTSP (streaming protocol) related entries in the various logs - this doesn't feel normal for a single-seat system :confused:

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Ian.

The reason for the question was because there seems to be a lot of RTSP (streaming protocol) related entries in the various logs - this doesn't feel normal for a single-seat system :confused:

Tony

It's not ONLINEVIDEO or WEBBROWSER plugin you are seeing? I've played with quite a few plugins.
    Other than that, I have a few times streamed to my laptop, but only for testing.

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom