[fixed] Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze (1 Viewer)

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze

I tested now the Core.dll from the test_4-package.
And what shall i say, it works! (Tested only with 2x-ffwd, but i think this should be enough)

Great work!!!

:D

jump007

Portal Member
November 30, 2010
Sydney
Home Country
I have just installed MP. I compared it with W7MC and I think Mediaportal is a much better product.

I run into the same problem with FF/RW. W7MC runs very smoothly and without any trouble even in high speed. I think it is an important feature for MP and needs to resolve.
When would a new release be available for all users?

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I have just installed MP. I compared it with W7MC and I think Mediaportal is a much better product.

I run into the same problem with FF/RW. W7MC runs very smoothly and without any trouble even in high speed. I think it is an important feature for MP and needs to resolve.
    When would a new release be available for all users?

Hi,

Out of interest, are you experiencing the same as me, i.e. recorded TV (TS files) are the problem and that AVI, Mpeg video's etc are fine (in respect to FF/RW).

Ian.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Live-TV: Fast forward and rewind leads to picture freeze

I tested now the Core.dll from the test_4-package.
    And what shall i say, it works! (Tested only with 2x-ffwd, but i think this should be enough)

Great work!!!

:D

Good :)

Attached is hopefully the final version of the 1.2.0 Alpha update - it basically updates the Video player to match the recent mods to the TV player code. I've also included the dshowhelper in the zip file for completeness.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Latest Core patch file for SVN 26887 attached.

Note: you'll need to use the dshowhelper binary from the post above to get the full benefit of the changes.

Tony

Attachments

• SVN26887_FFWD_test_5_core.patch
      18.6 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    This is my main MP/Tv machine, a standalone single seat. I'm not streaming.

Ian.

The reason for the question was because there seems to be a lot of RTSP (streaming protocol) related entries in the various logs - this doesn't feel normal for a single-seat system :confused:

Tony

It's not ONLINEVIDEO or WEBBROWSER plugin you are seeing? I've played with quite a few plugins.
    Other than that, I have a few times streamed to my laptop, but only for testing.

Ian.

MP always uses the TSReader.ax file splitter when playing .ts files, so you could experiment with using TSReader.ax from MP 1.1.2 - download from http://sources.team-mediaportal.com/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=MediaPortal&path=%2Ftags%2FRelease+1.1.2%2FDirectShowFilters%2FTsReader%2Fbin%2FRelease%2FTsReader.ax

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Could you provide logs when using the 1.1.2 TSReader.ax please - I'd like to compare them with your other logs ?

Tony

Dang, should have read this before I boxed the PC up and gave it to my sister............I'm building another so might be able to get logs then.

UPDATE: Sister had a problem so I took the opportunity to grab the logs. As attached.

Ian.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Found a bug with FFWD (using 1.1.2 TSReader.ax with MP 1.2.0 remember).

Sometimes it will jump out off FFWD and out of the programme back to the TV Recording screen. When it first happaned I thought my recording had prematurely ended, but PLAYing it again I was able to FFWD past the point it jumped out.....so it just seemed a random jump out.

No logs as yet.

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom