[fixed] live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey. I am having some hickups or what should i say maybe micro freezes or stuttering describes et better. I have MP 1.2.1 installed and I think I have had this since 1.2 Final, but I am not totally sure that the problem is MP related because I have had to reinstall my system about a week ago.

When I try your TSReader should I also use the "special" dshowhelper and exactly what version should I use?

IFC 2.03 works really bad with this TSReader? Any suggestions? I does not seem to be able to scale correctly. A lot of the time the picture goes way out of the edges of the TV. Seen on many channels already. Is it a known problem?

There is no connection between TsReader and dshowhelper, so you can use any dshowhelper version.

Also, IFC has no connection with TsReader, so it's very unlikely to be causing the IFC scaling problems....

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Tony, no party yet. My wife has seen multiple freezes yesterday. I cannot remember that i'd seen that much freezes during liveTV. My personal conclusion is that this is a bigger problem (more discontinuities?) , maybe the last big change has something to do with it? ( [Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv - MediaPortal Forum ).
    How many people are having freeze issues on DVB-S(2) lately?

Does it freeze and not recover ?

Do both video and audio freeze ?

Are these scrambled/encrypted channels ?

Which codecs/audio renderer are you using ?

Logs ?

Does this happen with standard MP 1.2.0/1.2.1 TsReader ?

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

Once or twice the picture stood stilll after zapping, normally this goes really very fast.
    And there's the out-of-sync thing, but only on ATV (Austria). I recorded a small part for you. Especially in the end it's really noticeable.
    I don't know, if it's a tsreader or dshowhelper issue. Tony, which dshowhelper would you recommend for testing?
    File will be uploaded in some minutes...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21468828/Bauer sucht Frau_ATV_2011-09-28_20__2.ts

Does the ATV sync problem happen with the standard MP 1.2.0/MP 1.2.1 TsReader/dshowhelper ?

Does it get worse the longer it plays, or is it a fixed A/V offset ?

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

I will do some further testing at the weekend. All other channels are sync in audio and video. Perhaps it's only channelspecific. I will tell you the news. Thanks in advance.

edit: today I've installed a new Beta of Fortherecord and a new SVN of SAF from Hoborg(based on LAV 0.36). I run LAV for both video and audio and everything runs fantastic, except the newsticker on N24 HD. Sometimes it stutters a litte bit.
    I use your newest tsreader(0029) and dshowhelper 0092_no_dwm. ;)

edit2: switched back to microsoft dtv for video, because I had zapping problems after a certain period of time.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

Sometimes, after a new start of Mediaportal, when a channel is tuned the first time, I can see, that the channel is being streamed under Fortherecord, but there doesn't come any picture. After some seconds(10+) there comes the sound, but the screen stays black.
    After stopping the channel and retuning everything works fine...

Attachments

• TsReader-2011-10-03.zip
      2.9 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I can't see anything obvious in the log, but I've never used FTR and there's no MediaPortal.log or Evr.log.....

Does it happen with the standard MP 1.2.0/1.2.1 TsReader.ax ?

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

Hi Tony,
    is there a chance to get the new tsreader into the trunk?

Not for the next 1.2.x release - there are too many changes, so it's much more likely to be targetted at MP 1.3.x

What I may do for the next TsReader version is start a thread in the development section of the forum, like there is for dshowhelper, which would make it more visible (as this thread is now in the 'Archive' section :))

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom