[solved] live tv has no picture/sound (1 Viewer)

justjules

Portal Member
September 22, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi everyone. The issue i have is no picture or sound in live tv but recorded tv cant be viewed either. I can view recorded tv with vlc player
i had updated nvidia driver 3 days ago. i have attached logs. i appreciate any help

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

I don't see any attempt to start live TV or play a recording in your log files. Can you please confirm what you tried to do?

Aside from that, the only error in your log files is:
    [2014-09-22 19:25:27,616] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VisualisationManager: Failed to get wmp plugin info - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationManager.GetWMPPluginInfo()

I suspect that would be unlikely to affect live or recorded TV.

Regards,
    mm

justjules

Portal Member
    September 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi mm,
    i have enclosed hopefully the correct file with info you need.
    basically i open mediaportal access live tv and get a black screen no sound.
    the scheduled recordings cant be viewed in mp but i can watch them in another program.

Kind Regards
    Jules

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Jules

Those log files are more helpful. :)
    It looks like there is some kind of ffdshow audio codec issue there:
    [collapse]
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,636] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Added filter: ffdshow Audio Decoder to graph
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,636] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: UpdateFilters Audio done
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,638] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: PostProcessingEngine to DummyEngine
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,639] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: Render TsReader outputs
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,640] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Filter: TsReader - try to connect: Audio
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,640] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: volume handler value 65535
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,641] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: build the graph for PIN : Audio
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,648] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: RenderUnconnectedOutputPins Pin Audio - failed
    [/collapse]

[collapse]
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,669] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Filter: ffdshow Audio Decoder - try to connect: Out
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,669] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: build the graph for PIN : Out
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,948] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: RenderUnconnectedOutputPins Pin Out - failed[/collapse]

The end result is that the ffdshow codec is removed and you're left with no audio codec:
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,949] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    [2014-09-22 21:08:01,949] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - - remove done

In my opinion that is the reason for the black screen etc., because somewhat counterintuitively: you need audio to be working correctly in order for video to display.

In your position I would try uninstalling and reinstalling ffdshow, or simply try using the LAV audio codec (which you already have installed) instead of ffdshow. You change the codec settings for TV in MediaPortal configuration here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

Regards,
    mm

justjules

Portal Member
    September 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm,
    as you suggested i changed all the codecs to lav .. but still no picture/sound
    i then uninstalled/reinstalled ffdshow.
    i changed the audio renderer to mp audio renderer with all lav decoder. restarted mp live tv i now have picture and sound.
    i put all the settings back to what was previous and everything is working.
    thanks so much for your help(y)

kind regards
    Jules

Users who are viewing this thread