Live TV Timeshift SSD or RAM disk? (1 Viewer)

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Did you have to do any changes i bios for enabling (recognizing) the memory?
This always is necessary. But it's possible that BIOS has this enabled by default. Depends on the mainboard you have. More recent boards should have this enabled automatically, but your's has not, I'm sure.
I have an Sabertooth X58 (ASUS) MOBO I cant find where in the bios I could make this change. I tried the advance tab but cant make any changes in Northbridge.

Suggestions?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    From looking at the spec' it will support up to 24Gb... see >>here<<

There are 6 x DIMM slots. See >>here<< So a max of 4Gb per DIMM slot. I would have thought that the mobo would auto sense the memory being used and configure to suit.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    From looking at the spec' it will support up to 24Gb... see >>here<<

There are 6 x DIMM slots. See >>here<< So a max of 4Gb per DIMM slot. I would have thought that the mobo would auto sense the memory being used and configure to suit.
    Yes I have 2 pcs of 4 GB Ram (total 8 GB) will buy more if I get the Ramdisk to work, but seems I am not getting anywhere

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have downloaded the free Dataram Ramdisk software. In the free software you could use up to 4 GB to ramdisk. Like I said I have 8 GB total RAM and thanks to Dataram Ramdisk software I have now enabled 4G to timeshifting and 4G to my OS (Win7/32). I will buy mor RAM and get a license for Dataram Ramdisk software, and then I think everything will be fine.
    Thanx to all that have given me input in this case :)

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Great to hear you have it working! (y)

I have found the DataRAM software to work without problem.

I have timeshifted 3 wired clients, 1 Samsung tablet and one laptop all at the same time without problems.

Please let us know how you get on with the additional RAM.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just to let u know that the story had a happy ending. Using licensed Ramdisk Sofware and got my 8G memory stikk. Now using 12 GB Ramdisk for timeshifting. Everything works greate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom