Logitech diNovoMini support (1 Viewer)

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
Thanks dirkw...but can you please specify the name of the software you used?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I just got my diNovo Mini last Saturday and I really like it.

It seems that it needs a little bit work to map all keys to Mediaportal so it can be fully utilized.

I found two ways to map the keys:

1. Mediaportal configuration -> General -> Keys And Sounds -> Global actions

Here's where I mapped my "Back" button of diNovo Mini (because I can't map it with uberOptions). Browse to "Previous page" action, hit "Key" box with your mouse cursor and then press diNovo's back button. Back is now "Backspace" button and not "Esc" which is the default key for back in MP.

2. Logitech setPoint & uberOptions

Here I can map diNovo's special keys to keyboard buttons according to Mediaportal, for example "Stop" button to key "B" which is the default key for stop in MP.

Kian

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i am using the uberoptions for mapping the mediakeys, however i sometimes experience problems:
    sometimes some buttons stop working (especially the down arrow)
    sometimes there is a delay, i.e. when hitting a button, the action follows after 1-3 seconds
    sometimes the buttons just stop working

do you dinovo mini owners experience the same problems when using uberoptions?

first, i thought it is due to my dinovo device or the mediaportal skin i am currently using, or mediaportal itself. But, I just stopped the SetPoint process in the task manager of my vista 32bit OS and the dinovo mini suddenly works like a charm, just perfectly without any of the issues listed above. the biggest drawback, however, is the fact that i cannot use the special media buttons on my dinovo (which were enabled by uberoptions before).

do you guys have advice or solution?

thank you in advance.

kian

TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 2.1
    Windows Version: vista 32bit
    CPU Type:
    HDD:
    Memory:
    Motherboard:
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

telemaco

Portal Member
    October 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    An other enhancement: enable in mediaportal the generic keyboard, after you can use the media key (stop, play back, forward ...) during the vision of a movie

Kian

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An other enhancement: enable in mediaportal the generic keyboard, after you can use the media key (stop, play back, forward ...) during the vision of a movie

where do i enable the "generic keyboard"?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems like a nice keyboard ...

but no F keys ?

Is there no way to have these F-keys on the normal numeric keys by pressing some other magic toggle key ???
    Seems like a deal breaker for me then.

/gibman

Kian

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you do not really need the f-keys if you only use it for mediaportal. i mean, you have the the multimedia keys (play, stop, forward etc.) and channel up and down. so you should have plenty opportunities to avoid f keys ;)

telemaco

Portal Member
    October 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MP configuration -> Remote ->General HID Device (Multimedia hotkeys on Keyboards)
    Now the dino mini is the best choice for me. Only the right mouse button I don't like (FN + left mouse) to open osd menu during the movie. Do you have any suggestion?
    I'm thinking to use another key to do this activity.
    Bye

Kian

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP configuration -> Remote ->General HID Device (Multimedia hotkeys on Keyboards)
    Now the dino mini is the best choice for me. Only the right mouse button I don't like (FN + left mouse) to open osd menu during the movie. Do you have any suggestion?
    I'm thinking to use another key to do this activity.
    Bye

hi telemaco,

thanks for the info. however, I can only use the volume buttons partly (volume down works perfectly, but volume up does not work properly, i can only increase volume by 2 volume bars) and the other media buttons do not work at all only play/pause, and stop works). how did you configure your dinovo mini?
    with uberoptions? or only General HID Device with SetPoint deactivated?

telemaco

Portal Member
    October 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Kian,
    I have Vista and I use spdif passthrough to my amplifier. So, I have some little problem with volume.
    My keys worked good (setting Vista and master volume) but after an new installation of MP and audio driver it doesn'work.
    I don't know if you use Vista or Xp. I advice to change setting in MP Configuration -> Volume (Vista or XP) and Master or Wave.
    Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom