Lost us of IR Remote Control (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My Hauppage IR remote suddenly stopped working after being fine for some time. I attache the log file, does this tell anything about this situation?

Many thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't see anything wrong with the remote control.
    What were you trying to do with it?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I should say...
    It doesn't look like you pressed any buttons. So, maybe the remote control's batteries have died?

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Attached a new log with buttons having been pressed. Remote control turns TV on and of so batteries are good, I believe. Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I still don't see any problem... but I also still don't see any buttons being pressed.
    1. Open MP Configuration.
    2. Go to the "remotes and input devices" section.
    3. Go to the "Hauppauge" tab.
    4. Tick "extended logging".
    5. Click OK to save and close.
    6. Provide new log files.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    My apologies mm, I apparently have a bad connection of the ir sensor to the tuner board.
    Now, I have just installed 2.1. How do I configure my tuner, the IR remote control and the Schedules Direct plug-in for 2.1? Thanks again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My apologies mm, I apparently have a bad connection of the ir sensor to the tuner board.
    I was just going to say that the log files confirmed either you're not pressing buttons or the remote control's driver is not telling MP that buttons are being pressed.

Now, I have just installed 2.1. How do I configure my tuner, the IR remote control and the Schedules Direct plug-in for 2.1? Thanks again.
    As far as I'm aware MP2 doesn't support Hauppauge remote controls.
    Generally I don't provide support for MP2 (because I've never used it) so this is where my ability to assist you ends.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks! I think I'll stay with 1.14.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    Any reason why on 1.14?
    I was still on 1.12, because I don't like the new skin, but now online videos isn't working anymore with that version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote," which I do not have)? Device Manager lists Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver as working. I find the MP2 documentation quite confusing as to whether a plugin is needed or whether MP2 is supposed to work...
    I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
    I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom