madVR Settings thread (5 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    its not common but it exist (24hz blackscreen sample attached:D).. e.g. a lot digicams can do real 24p native recordings...
    retried on my htpc and i don't need to tick it and i can remember that i once had to activate it a long time ago :):whistle:

Attachments

• 24fps.avi
      15.4 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    its not common but it exist (24hz blackscreen sample attached:D).. e.g. a lot digicams can do real 24p native recordings...
    Many thanks for the vid. It plays at 24hz with or without ticking the box, so looks to be redundant now.:)

Last edited:

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    So I've managed to get MadVR working by setting my TV screen resolution to 1920×1080 instead of 3840×2160.
    A new issue that I'm now facing is that inside Mediaportal all the words in the menu's are too big and don't display nicely.

The font size is set at 150% in the screen settings, when I set it to 100%, everything looks as it should, but then the video plays back with a black screen and audio only.

Now I've found that you can edit the font.xml of the skin, but I never done so, can anyone help me so I can make the font size smaller inside Mediaportal, by editing the right lines in the font.xml file, so I can playback my video's and have a nice looking menu ?

Many thanks in advance.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    can anyone help me so I can make the font size smaller inside Mediaportal, by editing the right lines in the font.xml file
    I don't know what the problem is, but this is almost certainly the wrong solution.

The font size is set at 150% in the screen settings, when I set it to 100%, everything looks as it should
    On all of my laptops I have set the font size to larger than 100%. But MP has a long-standing requirement for the font size to be the default (100%). This is most obvious in "MP Config" and "TV Server Config", where various text strings are off-screen or partly truncated. So I use a font size of 100% on my HTPC.

the video plays back with a black screen and audio only.
    This is where you should be looking for a solution. Set the log level to DEBUG in "MP Config", try to play video, and then attach the logs to this thread. Hopefully an expert (not me!) will be able to look at the logs and spot the problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I don't know what the problem is, but this is almost certainly the wrong solution.

Turns out that yesterday the video played perfect (size of text in the menu's was too big )
    when font size at 150%,
    And when font size was set at 100%
    I got "audio only" when playing back video
    and normal looking menu.

Today back at 150% tot test,
    now "audio only" when playing video, weird.

Set it back to 100 % and got back to the normal looking menu and now all of the sudden no "audio only",
    but perfect playback of my video, also weird.

So I've played a couple of videos without a problem now, so it seems my problems are gone. (for now)

The only problem I have now is the hdmi audio. My soundbar's audio starts playing after a second or 2,
    so I'm missing the 2 seconds of audio at the start of the video or when resuming a video after being paused.

My sound settings are set at Dolby Atmos.
    I did found a little program called soundkeeper, that keeps the audio "alive"
    It puts the soundbar into continuous Dolby Atmos mode.
    Inside Mediaportal I hear the menu sounds when navigating.
    When starting a video, the Atmos turns off and after a few seconds I get the video's audio.
    So that isn't the solution, I think this doesn't work,
    because it has to switch between the signal that soundkeeper produces and the video's signal.

The only thing I can think of is to disable the dolby atmos settings in windows 10,
    and see if that makes a difference.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm missing the 2 seconds of audio at the start of the video or when resuming a video after being paused.
    I have a similar problem with the HDMI audio on my Sony TV -- the digital-to-analog converter powers down if there is a few seconds silence, and it takes a second or two to power up again. This truncates all but the very end of the MP sound effects. :( My solution was to switch sound effects off. :)

I think that you will have to accept the loss of 2 seconds audio whenever play starts/resumes, or possibly consider using hardware that does not suffer from this problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Hello everyone,

short question.
    I saw screenshots from a detailed view within the playback of an file, with madvr, like drops, jitter, resolution, etc.

But when i use madvr i only have 2 lines of information.

How do i get an view like this:
    upload_2019-2-21_15-45-9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom