[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (143 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For @alexdepalma, attached is TvPlugin with some check against null reference exception maybe it will be better for the GHOST channel :)

You surely need to start MP with /avoidversioncheck on shortcut :p

View attachment 179529

Big thanks!
    Unfortunately I'll out from home for the next 6 days. I'll come back to test.

Thanks!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have added an event on MP side :

C#:
        public delegate void SetGuiProperties(g_Player.MediaType type, string filename);

public static event SetGuiProperties SetGuiPropertiesUpdate;

For MPTVseries and MovingPictures :

C#:
            MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoOverlay.SetGuiPropertiesUpdate += new MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoOverlay.SetGuiProperties(SetGuiPropertiesUpdate);

private void SetGuiPropertiesUpdate(g_Player.MediaType type, string filename)
            {
               if (PlayBackOpIsOfConcern(type, filename))
              {
                SetGUIProperties(false);
              }
            }

C#:
            MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoOverlay.SetGuiPropertiesUpdate += new MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoOverlay.SetGuiProperties(SetGuiPropertiesUpdate);

private void SetGuiPropertiesUpdate(g_Player.MediaType type, string filename)
            {
              if (CurrentMovie != null)
              {
                SetPlayProperties();
              }
            }

Like this when OSD is done on MP side, an event is sent and subscriber can update on their own without waiting a delay.

It seems to work, maybe it's not a good solution, this part should be done in another JIRA + Branch because it is not fully related to madVR, it is just that madVR can trigger this timing issue.

:)

@ltfearme tagging you for let you know about it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well guys, you are not going to believe me....:cautious:

I have a Ghost channel. Yes its true. Between 2 channels when I'm zapping i can select another one that freezes MP.
    I'm on channel A. zap to next channel (B) but it goes to a blank channel GUI (not B yet)
    Let me explain. When you zap channels with remote Channel UP or down (+ or -) you ear the Mp clic for every channel. Every clic the MP Gui shows for a few seconds a GUI with channel logo, program content, etc... OK. If you click quickly to your next channel, this Gui updates the info for next channel and so on. If you stay in the GUI then the TV card actually tunes that channel.

So between A and B on TV server and TV guide, there is no channel. But when Zapping between A and B on my setup, there is a channel that doesn't show GUI, but if I leave on the screen MP freezes. TV server doesn't tune anything.

Nuts!
    :eek:

I need to look for them if any additional, but is the cause of my last freezes and reports.:(

I'm trying to reproduce it and i think it's maybe the null ref exception that lead to the ghost channel :) (but i'm not sure)

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried setting the 'disable os support' checkbox and option in the non 3d section? That might trigger the events to jump out of 3d better.

Hm did not try that but i will surely do so and let you know ! :)

I did pretty much exactly the same as you and had no problem switching between 3D and 2D while the video was playing, it does flash around a bit but does work OK, did not try pausing first. My problem is that I cannot get it to toggle the 2 profiles via a single shortcut at the group profile level (no rules) it swirtches off but there it stays, I can set up an if script to default to 3D-on but still no help. Still playing with it;)

Recognized that too but not only in regards to 3D... for me its the same with whatever profile i chose ...it does not "cycle" through them as expected...

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rohnfe , please could you edit quoted text and delete everything unnecessary in the future. Currently you are quoting the full posting with everything else in it, which makes reading really difficult.

Many thanks! (y)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm trying to reproduce it and i think it's maybe the null ref exception that lead to the ghost channel :) (but i'm not sure)

Before leaving my home, I found several ghost channels. I've about 10 channels groups. In at least 4 groups I have one single Ghost channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed v100 core, everything seemed ok untill i attepted to play a bbc catchup vid in OV, it failed to play (black screen) then returned to the previous OV menu but hung there, had to kill mp via task manager, see attached log. It failed consistently but would play if a choose a lower quality. Also BBC live and ITV catchup were ok. I went back to v97 via a sytem restore point taken just prior to the v100 install but still had the same problem so went back further to a v92 restore point where all was OK. Subsequently upgraded to v97 also still ok then again installed the v100 core and the failure came back, but just once, since then, despite many attempts to reproduce, no problem at all.o_O Noidea what happened but hopefully you can see something in the logs.;)
    Also attached are 2 screenshots taken before and directly after playing a 3D video (please note the flakey text etc.), as soon as something else is played it goes away. Sorry I have been meaning to report this for some time, it is not new.:whistle:

Update:- Just reviewed those 2 screenshots and can't see a difference, so assume the after 3D view is display related as opposed to the actual picture. Please let me know if anyone else has noted this.

Attachments

• normal.jpg
      normal.jpg
      393.3 KB
    • after3d.jpg
      after3d.jpg
      393.4 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Installed v100 core, everything seemed ok untill i attepted to play a bbc catchup vid in OV, it failed to play (black screen) then returned to the previous OV menu but hung there, had to kill mp via task manager, see attached log. It failed consistently but would play if a choose a lower quality. Also BBC live and ITV catchup were ok. I went back to v97 via a sytem restore point taken just prior to the v100 install but still had the same problem so went back further to a v92 restore point where all was OK. Subsequently upgraded to v97 also still ok then again installed the v100 core and the failure came back, but just once, since then, despite many attempts to reproduce, no problem at all.o_O Noidea what happened but hopefully you can see something in the logs.;)
    Also attached are 2 screenshots taken before and directly after playing a 3D video (please note the flakey text etc.), as soon as something else is played it goes away. Sorry I have been meaning to report this for some time, it is not new.:whistle:

Update:- Just reviewed those 2 screenshots and can't see a difference, so assume the after 3D view is display related as opposed to the actual picture. Please let me know if anyone else has noted this.

When it freeze are you able to create a freeze report ? (it depend of your setting - 'CTRL+F' for me) :p
    upload_2016-6-5_15-38-39.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Viewing your log and you into the freeze that i can reproduce sometimes :

Code:
    [2016-06-05 12:02:02,402] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: mediaCtrl.Stop() 1

It get freezed here and it's random and related to dshowfilter, so it can happen on all MP build.
    I have try something yesterday night but no clue if it change anything for it.

I can port the code to MP1-4781 and supply a bin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom