[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't promise it works because I haven't tried it, but create a profile group for the 3d section in 'rendering', then create 2 profiles: 1 with 3d on and the other off. There is an option in the GROUP form (not the individual profiles) to select a keyboard shortcut to toggle the profiles. You can select a default by creating a small 3d detect rule or leaving it to remember the last used.

No idea what that will do for a video mid play though :)

Set up the 2 profiles and with 3D vid playing can switch between them to play in 2D or 3D(y). I can not get the 2 profiles to toggle though using a KB shortcut at the "Profile Group" level it does switch to profile 2 but then stays there (no rules set), I tried scripting a rule but no change, either I did it wrong (most likely) or a test of the 3D enabled is not supported:unsure:. I had to set a different KB shortcut for each profile so I can switch back and forwards, a toggle would be much more convenient for the remote setting, so any help would be much appreciated.

Ok, here a go again.
    Its highly more probable that those problems happens if the first tuned channel is SD
    AL, I took a look at you screenshots, wow, how are you able to get such low rendering times? For me on a similar playback they would typically be a factor 20x higher:confused:.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I can't promise it works because I haven't tried it, but create a profile group for the 3d section in 'rendering', then create 2 profiles: 1 with 3d on and the other off. There is an option in the GROUP form (not the individual profiles) to select a keyboard shortcut to toggle the profiles. You can select a default by creating a small 3d detect rule or leaving it to remember the last used.

No idea what that will do for a video mid play though :)

Set up the 2 profiles and with 3D vid playing can switch between them to play in 2D or 3D(y). I can not get the 2 profiles to toggle though using a KB shortcut at the "Profile Group" level it does switch to profile 2 but then stays there (no rules set), I tried scripting a rule but no change, either I did it wrong (most likely) or a test of the 3D enabled is not supported:unsure:. I had to set a different KB shortcut for each profile so I can switch back and forwards, a toggle would be much more convenient for the remote setting, so any help would be much appreciated.
    3d enabled works fine for me, though as I said I don't know abou group profile shortcuts to be able help sadly. Here is my profile script (with aa few extraa bits)

if (3D==true) "3D settings"
    else if (srcWidth < 950) and (srcHeight < 700) "Normal"
    if (srcWidth >= 950) and (srcWidth <= 1420) and (srcHeight >= 700) and (srcHeight <= 740) "Normal"
    if (srcWidth < 2000) and (srcHeight < 1100) "HDNoScale"
    else "4K"

Ok, here a go again.
    Its highly more probable that those problems happens if the first tuned channel is SD
    AL, I took a look at you screenshots, wow, how are you able to get such low rendering times? For me on a similar playback they would typically be a factor 20x higher:confused:.
    DXVA, but I must say it's a shame having all those awesome options but using the ones that make it mostly like EVR :) If I'm not using 10ms of rendering time then I feel I'm wasting resources!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    f (3D==true) "3D settings"
    if (srcWidth >= 950) and (srcWidth <= 1420) and (srcHeight >= 700) and (srcHeight <= 740) "Normal"
    else "4K"
    Can simplify:
    else if (srcWidth <= 1420) and (srcHeight <= 740) "Normal"
    else if (srcWidth < 2000) and (srcHeight < 1100) "HDNoScale"
    else "4K"
    :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi I copy paste from other forum:

Well, I've Intel HD4000 graphics so my setup may be helpful for you.
    I see TV, so good deinterlace is important, also 3D MVC MKV films and full HD always, no 4K ATM. I've done a lot of testing and here comes my setup. If no TV viewed, you can go to up to lanczos and other refinements.
    For now in MediaPortal, no Automatic full screen neither windowed overlay On Rendering General settings.

MadVR Settings for Intel HD4000 DXVA

Deinterlacing Automatic when needed and Deactivate if in doupt
    Chroma Upscaling Bilinear (Ive tried BiCubic 75 with anti-ringing checked but gives me problems with TV)
    Image Downscaling DXVA2
    Image Doubling Disable. Used to have : Always if upscaling needed use NNEDI3 to Double Luma Resolution 64 neurons(but disabled for testing purposes)
    Image Upscaling DXVA2
    Use Direct3D 9 for presentation(for 3D MVC real 3D is needed D3D11 if compatible MadVr will auto update)
    Smooth Motion Enable Smooth Motion only if judder without
    dithering random
    Video Decoders DXVA2, enabled hardware deinterlacing
    LAV Video decoder DXVA2 (native). Used to have Intel QuickSync or Copy-Back and adaptive HD deinterlacing (I need it for TV deinterlace/other options give me problems) on last days I was trying DXVA2 native because it gives me good 4k h265 HEVC playback.
    Trade quality for performance leave default settings

As you can see I'm using basic settings to avoid problems.
    On my setup of mode than 25ms, I've frame lost and stutter and other problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1464951450][/DOUBLEPOST]
    hi alex, just guessing
    do you use lav with qs and hardware deinterlacing enable?

LAV on DXVA2 (native)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    else "4K"
    Can simplify:
    else "4K"
    I hadn't mentioned that it once split out 720p and may do again in future hence the double reference to the Normal profile...[DOUBLEPOST=1464952182][/DOUBLEPOST]
    On my setup of mode than 25ms, I've frame lost and stutter and other problems.[
    I can see why you'd want EVR under normal circumstances now, as these are about the same or worse than normal EVR except with 3d ability :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    else "4K"
    Can simplify:
    else "4K"
    I hadn't mentioned that it once split out 720p and may do again in future hence the double reference to the Normal profile...[DOUBLEPOST=1464952182][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can see why you'd want EVR under normal circumstances now, as these are about the same or worse than normal EVR except with 3d ability :)

With Videos I can apply a lot of post processing (except for 3D). On TV viewing... mmm problematic.... I still don't know. There have been versions that allowed much more processing, but others... just minimal.
    As soon as we get closer to Final, Ill be applying more post processing.
    Today I've removed ComSkip Launcher on TV Server, just in case...

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi every body.

Something was wrong on my Intel HD400 driver.
    I've updated to last Intel web page driver for my machine.
    I've notice that I can't apply as much filtering as I used to. But I see improvement on image. So probably before, what ever I applied wasn't really ON.
    That's why I was on basic settings.

Now I have rending times between 10 to 20 ms on TV. Highly resistant to freeze. BUT

I have a freeze changing channels. First GUI disappeared and several changes after without GUI (but with TV transmission in sight), freeze on blank screen.

3D MVC MKW perfect, but I can't apply any filtering (as before driver change)
    4k H264 Perfect
    4K H265 HEVC videos Elysium quite good CPU 100% some frame dropped

SD and HD TV Channels, now I see improvement on image and increase of rending times. no deinterlace problems but some MAdvr Procesing Failed messages on channel change are still present. . But don't bring deintelace problems.

Any how it freezes on SD DVB-T to SAT and SAT to SD DVB-T channel almost always. edit : also some times on EVR.

Here are reports

Help: is there anybody with intel HD4000 and 3D MVC MKW to test if they can play those videos with any type of image postprocessing?

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here is a more detailed info about the problem.
    I was looking TV server to make sure where the channels were coming from (TV Card).
    On change MadVr crashed and showed a windows offering restart of app or continue. I hit continue and MP recovered and channel tuned properly. next channel was DVB-t and mp freezed this time. same message appeared on screen.

Had to kill MP

I'm really lost (I'm not 1000% sure about my system) althoug Windows is fluent and shows no problems.

One of my finding is that my crash channels are combined on IPTV DVBT and DVBS (and another DVBS scrambled) I have delete some of the tuning details.

edit: Dont realice about those logs the problem was related to Tuning details. I think. DVBS free to air was removed from Astra:mad:.same channel was causing problem on MP final 14 :confused:

Attachments

• DVB-T to sat crash.png
      DVB-T to sat crash.png
      667.5 KB
    Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can simplify:
    else "4K"

With Videos I can apply a lot of post processing (except for 3D). On TV viewing... mmm problematic.... I still don't know. There have been versions that allowed much more processing, but others... just minimal.
    As soon as we get closer to Final, Ill be applying more post processing.
    Today I've removed ComSkip Launcher on TV Server, just in case...

Hi there,

as i read the post in regards to 3D switching ...i recognized this is something i "need" to have implemented too ;) I dont have a 3D TV yet but will get one soon so did some quick test with manual switching via keyboard shortcuts (t and z for testing) so here is what i did:

3dswitching.PNG 3dswitching1.PNG 3dswitching2.PNG

Somehow it works but it does not seem to be the best solution because video seems to hang sometimes after switching even when the movie is paused before.
    But maybe this would be another starting point at least if you would want to switch manually ;)

Update: Just checked once more you just have to pause twice .. before and after switching and it seems to work fine.

Greetings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom