[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    So for me the only problems are:

DXVA Processing failed messages on channel change (may be happens once every 40 channel changes) (usually deinterlace gets lost until timeshift is stoped

Impossibility to apply any filter to 3D images (video get jumping from eye to eye. impossible to view)

3D fails (plays in 2D) if Video file is played before 3-4 seconds of previous 3d Video stop. (some previous version dint happened)

And last. If other screen on top of MP plying TV channel with madvr, and TV card changes on channel Zap, MP will pass on top of the open screen. It used to happen when I have Setup TV opened to see TV cards used on Zap problems. Zap OSD also has at that time estrange behaviour (blinks with several channels icons/infos
    Same behaviour happens if zap brings DXVA procesing failed message

Logs related to DXVA processing Failed

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      58.3 KB
    • madVR - freeze report (2).txt
      58.8 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

DXVA Processing failed messages on channel change (may be happens once every 40 channel changes) (usually deinterlace gets lost until timeshift is stoped

Impossibility to apply any filter to 3D images (video get jumping from eye to eye. impossible to view)

3D fails (plays in 2D) if Video file is played before 3-4 seconds of previous 3d Video stop. (some previous version dint happened)

And last. If other screen on top of MP plying TV channel with madvr, and TV card changes on channel Zap, MP will pass on top of the open screen. It used to happen when I have Setup TV opened to see TV cards used on Zap problems. Zap OSD also has at that time estrange behaviour (blinks with several channels icons/infos

About DXVA Processing failed message are you able to reproduce and note the time with associed log ? (I think it happen when video window is hidden but maybe it goes hidden/restored quickly and we can't notice it but madVR does and failed to do some processing and then lead to the message)

About 3D, can you try with mpc-hc ? for me it does quite the same as MP so can be related to GPU drivers along with Windows DX11 stuff to switch to 3D. On my Nvidia card it doesn't always switch correctly.

And the last (ZapOSD)
    Did you run the latest TVPlugin (V3) ?
    Maybe the null reference check introduce something weird, but still it shoudn't.
    I think i understand you, but does it happen without exclusive mode ?.
    When using exclusive mode, we shoudn't have something displayed other that MP on this screen.

EDIT : You have attached freeze report :) but does MP totally freeze ?
    (Just to be sure) because in those freeze reports, it seems all ok.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you took my advice earlier in the thread and used software decoding in LAV, it's my fault :) You need to use DVXAcopyback, if it's still failing with DVXA-copyback then maybe the card isn't up to it. Check your render times too. They actually shouldn't be very high as madVR is just downscaling. The big effort is in the codec here.
    No not your fault,:D I have always used DVXA-copyback. It does play somewhat better in MPC-HC, still not smooth though. I don't know if this is a hint to the problem, but in MP the audio shuts down about 3/4 way through playback while it plays all the way through in MPC-HC:unsure:. I have attached a screenshot, render times look OK to me but let me know if you see anything else there.
    esyl.jpg

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

About DXVA Processing failed message are you able to reproduce and note the time with associed log ? (I think it happen when video window is hidden but maybe it goes hidden/restored quickly and we can't notice it but madVR does and failed to do some processing and then lead to the message)

About 3D, can you try with mpc-hc ? for me it does quite the same as MP so can be related to GPU drivers along with Windows DX11 stuff to switch to 3D. On my Nvidia card it doesn't always switch correctly.

And the last (ZapOSD)
    Maybe the null reference check introduce something weird, but still it shoudn't.
    When using exclusive mode, we shoudn't have something displayed other that MP on this screen.

No freeze, just Happened DXVA Failed message and I pressed Ctrl+F during failure to catch the problem. MP continued working.

I'll Il try V3 (I still can try)
    Not related with exclusive, windowed modes, I have no Mode selected in MadVr.

On general setting, I have nothing selected (ticked).

I'll try to test today.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

OK test done with V3 and ghost channel.

It freezes MP.
    but can't get logs since installation of this plugin. Because I get an error message on log creation due to file, tvserver_gentle.config already exist.
    So no logs created... Manually copied

freeze 13:57

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

And the last (ZapOSD)

Here is MadvR log for DXVA process failed hapened at 14:14
    Log generated wile error message on the screen.

Hope helps

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (2).txt
      57.5 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here is MadvR log for DXVA process failed hapened at 14:14
    Log generated wile error message on the screen.

Hope helps

Thanks :) the freeze report is really needed when MP freeze :p
    Do you still have the log mediaportal.log/error.log mad.log etc. from the 14:14 ? this one i hope will more more helping :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    damn to late, thx seb (y)
    tortured my single seat a bit with extreme zapping, it took quite a while to get it losing exclusive mode on zap.

the funny part was when it was losing exclusive,
    i hit the key combi for the freezreport,suddenly the madvr osd windowed message came up again now i can enter any key i wanted, no reaction on mepo only some strage info osd with some keys i had press, damn.
    but exit on the rc was working and the exit osd pops up, mepo reacts again as it should but jerky playback is finally there, bah^^

hope its still a bit usefull

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    No not your fault,:D I have always used DVXA-copyback. It does play somewhat better in MPC-HC, still not smooth though. I don't know if this is a hint to the problem, but in MP the audio shuts down about 3/4 way through playback while it plays all the way through in MPC-HC:unsure:. I have attached a screenshot, render times look OK to me but let me know if you see anything else there.
    View attachment 179642
    The render times are fine, but the DXVA processing time is looking like the problem. The sound is likely a side-effect of the struggle :) I can see your settings use DXVA for scaling chroma and luma, so you have 3 separate things feeding into that statistic:

- Video decoding (DXVA copyback)
    - Chroma upscaling
    - Image downscaling

To find out which one is overloading I would leave copyback alone, but change all your scaling fun in madVR to Bilinear to test. If that works, then you have something to work with. If not... oh well!

We should move this kind of chat to the madVR settings thread. @joecrow if you want more help on this throw your result from above into here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/madvr-settings-thread.134387/

@Sebastiii tout va bien avec v103. Cette version de MP fonctionne vraiment bien! Pouvez-vous dire que je suis en utilisant google translate? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom