Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    damn to late, thx seb (y)
    tortured my single seat a bit with extreme zapping, it took quite a while to get it losing exclusive mode on zap.

the funny part was when it was losing exclusive,
    i hit the key combi for the freezreport,suddenly the madvr osd windowed message came up again now i can enter any key i wanted, no reaction on mepo only some strage info osd with some keys i had press, damn.
    but exit on the rc was working and the exit osd pops up, mepo reacts again as it should but jerky playback is finally there, bah^^

hope its still a bit usefull

Hard to tell, except a lot of renderblack lol. Right now, i have no clue about what is happening :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    No not your fault,:D I have always used DVXA-copyback. It does play somewhat better in MPC-HC, still not smooth though. I don't know if this is a hint to the problem, but in MP the audio shuts down about 3/4 way through playback while it plays all the way through in MPC-HC:unsure:. I have attached a screenshot, render times look OK to me but let me know if you see anything else there.
    View attachment 179642
    The render times are fine, but the DXVA processing time is looking like the problem. The sound is likely a side-effect of the struggle :) I can see your settings use DXVA for scaling chroma and luma, so you have 3 separate things feeding into that statistic:

- Video decoding (DXVA copyback)
    - Chroma upscaling
    - Image downscaling

To find out which one is overloading I would leave copyback alone, but change all your scaling fun in madVR to Bilinear to test. If that works, then you have something to work with. If not... oh well!

We should move this kind of chat to the madVR settings thread. @joecrow if you want more help on this throw your result from above into here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/madvr-settings-thread.134387/

@Sebastiii tout va bien avec v103. Cette version de MP fonctionne vraiment bien! Pouvez-vous dire que je suis en utilisant google translate? :)

Hey, yes it translate good :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here is MadvR log for DXVA process failed hapened at 14:14
    Log generated wile error message on the screen.

Hope helps

Thanks :) the freeze report is really needed when MP freeze :p
    Do you still have the log mediaportal.log/error.log mad.log etc. from the 14:14 ? this one i hope will more more helping :)

Yes Mp never freezed when DXVA error appears , thats why no logs.
    Ill colect anyway

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tried a bit further with v103 yesterday
    the mad error osd on tv mneu act like before with v100 not always that was only on first run it seems, even tried with exclusiver on or off - no difference sometimes it still appears.
    and i realised that i have had a real ghost channel in zaps because al jazeera english moved their signal :whistle:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    About DXVA Processing failed message are you able to reproduce and note the time with associed log ? (I think it happen when video window is hidden but maybe it goes hidden/restored quickly and we can't notice it but madVR does and failed to do some processing and then lead to the message)

About 3D, can you try with mpc-hc ? for me it does quite the same as MP so can be related to GPU drivers along with Windows DX11 stuff to switch to 3D. On my Nvidia card it doesn't always switch correctly.

And the last (ZapOSD)
    Did you run the latest TVPlugin (V3) ?
    Maybe the null reference check introduce something weird, but still it shoudn't.
    I think i understand you, but does it happen without exclusive mode ?.
    When using exclusive mode, we shoudn't have something displayed other that MP on this screen.

EDIT : You have attached freeze report :) but does MP totally freeze ?
    (Just to be sure) because in those freeze reports, it seems all ok.

No freeze, just Happened DXVA Failed message and I pressed Ctrl+F during failure to catch the problem. MP continued working.

I'll Il try V3 (I still can try)
    Not related with exclusive, windowed modes, I have no Mode selected in MadVr.

On general setting, I have nothing selected (ticked).

I'll try to test today.

test on V103
    MadVr processing failed happened at 18:55. MP never crash or freezed upon this error. Simply MadVr presents the failure. The channel is also presented wile the error essage is on the screen. Few seconds after, the error message disappears and Madvr log appears (Ctrl+J)

regarding 3D
    Yes MPC-HC does the same. im unable to apply any filter or the image gets corrupted.
    I had a MP/audio crash on 3D playback .Never before I had it (logs) 19:13
    edit: this crash is related to have a screen on top of MP. I hadthe task manager. It happens with non 3d Videos

Zap OSD
    I'm afraid the error was on my channels groups. after new group created. copied all channels in the affected group (with ghost channel) and deleting old group and rename the new one, ghost disapears. Do you think is worthy to continue test on that? I still keep one ghost for test.
    Is V3 included in 103 or should I manually copy?

Regarding V103 Ihave very slow zap times.
    Edit: my mistake. Zap it's very slow and takes too long.
    TV mode change is called several times (like if new frequency adjusted or new resolution) even if no actual change happens (only new channel). ZapOSD is slow and during zap it shows previous chanel and new chanel blinkind between them on.

4K fine H264 and H265

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      53.5 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes V3 is included in V103 :)
    About slow zap time, i can't say why, it seems the same on my side (but faster when using UNC mode).
    But i would say that i have do some rework on my own branch about renderer black screen so it act like less blinking thing.
    Will try to understand what happen for MadVr processing failed, it can happen when video get hidden and back (maybe when it's a change of tuner ?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom