[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (142 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ah also, just to see if it happen :

Could you try with EVR ?
    And
    With (Async Tuning enable) with both EVR/madVR.

upload_2016-6-12_13-45-36.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V103 has been running well over the weekend but a few minutes ago (13:20 approx.) on closing zdf live in OV it hung with the menu displayed, see attached logs and madvr freeze report. I then cleared the logs and tried OV/zdf live again, the video played in a small window in the upper left corner and no longer responded, hung? 2nd log and freeze report attached. Rebooted and all OK again.

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      58.3 KB
    • madVR - freeze report (2).txt
      70.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V103 has been running well over the weekend but a few minutes ago (13:20 approx.) on closing zdf live in OV it hung with the menu displayed, see attached logs and madvr freeze report. I then cleared the logs and tried OV/zdf live again, the video played in a small window in the upper left corner and no longer responded, hung? 2nd log and freeze report attached. Rebooted and all OK again.

Didn't see anything wrong so no clue what is happening :(

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes zap should be better because there is the WIP stuff from @Owlsroost about optimize RTSP :p and i have change the renderblack between channel but i notice that not rendering black (when doing testing in code) looks faster because we have something displayed on screen lol

About the freeze, no clue, it seems all good in log (no deadlock on C++).
    Does ALT+F4 close MP ? (maybe you could try ALT+ENTER too) and then no react on X key to reduce video ?
    In task manager, in Details or Processes, it write MediaPortal to 'Not Responding' ?

:)

Async Tuning test
    Ive tried EVR, no problems no blank screen as usual. No problems found.

With MadVr Mp stops responding. No ALT F4, no ALT ENTER response.

Screen blank but: MadVr status is alive. some status update :eek: like Average stats- present
    Screen capture in windows doesn't work neither.
    Edit: forgot to mention, mp in task manager had activities also. No stop responding message there.

Attachments

• 20160612_141817.jpg
      20160612_141817.jpg
      4 MB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Async Tuning test
    Ive tried EVR, no problems no blank screen as usual. No problems found.

With MadVr Mp stops responding. No ALT F4, no ALT ENTER response.

Screen blank but: MadVr status is alive. some status update :eek: like Average stats- present
    Screen capture in windows doesn't work neither.
    Edit: forgot to mention, mp in task manager had activities also. No stop responding message there.

So something get locked, but where ? lol

It can be that but i'm not sure in vmr9.cs :)

C#:
              hr = mediaCtrl.StopWhenReady();
              hr = mediaCtrl.Stop();

Before we had only mediaCtrl.Stop(); but on fast switching video or TV to TV (another card) we can get locked in there, it seems by adding hr = mediaCtrl.StopWhenReady(); it didn't happen anymore.
    But maybe it was not fully stopped and then a new tune or file lead to some issue on directshow graph.
    Like i don't know what happen it can be only some theory.

I can try to revert it (based on fork build) and see what happen on your side like i wasn't able to reproduce or i didn't find the good step to do it lol

So it seems that we didn't get exception on render black, so it can be possible that i need to port the code to master (but there is a lot of other stuff on TvPlugin side lol).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try ?
    You will need to seek or wait on each channel change but it was just to confirm if the issue is here or not )

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ah also no more DXVA process failed ? (but it's maybe because MP Freeze quickly lol)

But Dont really get any. After several testing. It may freeze but no MadvrDXVA error

If something helps... (i get a runaway on the remote, that thing didn't happened since many months a go, may be more than a year) increase Volume and Up key where repeated continuosly) once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom