[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (140 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can you try ?
    You will need to seek or wait on each channel change but it was just to confirm if the issue is here or not )

Here test.

NO Freeze, no crash, no blank screen EVER,
    but...
    Video even if MadVr doesn't show loss frame, has really a lot of jumps like loss of frames. It cant be viewed that way.
    Audio is perfect.

Zap time is good (audio starts quickly)
    Video first frame is presented quickly but remains freeze for few seconds and then choppy playback

Edit: I get a freeze and after a few seconds Mp closed by it self.
    Here are the logs around 16:14. I wasn't happy with this freeze because I made a mistake with the channel I wanted, the went back previous, hit Tv guide, wile messing remote and freezed... may be anything.... but. here are

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ah also no more DXVA process failed ? (but it's maybe because MP Freeze quickly lol)

But Dont really get any. After several testing. It may freeze but no MadvrDXVA error

If something helps... (i get a runaway on the remote, that thing didn't happened since many months a go, may be more than a year) increase Volume and Up key where repeated continuosly) once.

It can be some HID branch on fork (not sure) i remember having it and it was needed to delete some double map, so surely no worry about it.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try ?
    You will need to seek or wait on each channel change but it was just to confirm if the issue is here or not )

Here test.

but...
    Video even if MadVr doesn't show loss frame, has really a lot of jumps like loss of frames. It cant be viewed that way.
    Audio is perfect.

Video first frame is presented quickly but remains freeze for few seconds and then choppy playback

Yep it's related to the change, instead of using IMediaControl, it use now IMediaFilter and on .run it's needed to add a time value (that doesn't needed for IMediaControl) this is why a seek of 5 sec is needed.

But if no more freeze that a good news, can you try again ?

Now i need to try to port the code lol (for tvplugin part but it touch also TsReader).

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can you try ?

Here test.

but...
    Audio is perfect.

Yep it's related to the change, instead of using IMediaControl, it use now IMediaFilter and on .run it's needed to add a time value (that doesn't needed for IMediaControl) this is why a seek of 5 sec is needed.

But if no more freeze that a good news, can you try again ?

Now i need to try to port the code lol (for tvplugin part but it touch also TsReader).

No crash or freeze or blank screen. Did good testing. With previous, for sure problems at that time.

Only the usual strange behaviour on TV Card change blink between osd channel, previous channel and next. If any window on top of MP, Mp goes on top of all...

Zap is quick, no need to wait 5 s on my side. audio instant, video first photogram quick. video starts few seconds later. but zap is excellent in time performance

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That's good, i have changed something can you try again ? :)
    Good zap times, TV viewing is normal, black screen appeared.

Black Screen, with MP freeze (stop responding wile audio still ok), audio stops and all freezed and finally killed
    Freeze 16:53

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      65.4 KB

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks :) another one for testing if it failed, we need to know how to handle the run differently :)

Here freezed again.

I confirm that MP (in task manager) and MadVr in Ctrl+J) logs are still alive but MP doesn't respond. Some seconds (about 10) of audio playback with the blank screen) and finally must be killed (but Madvr alive and Mp also in taskmanager).

event 17:21

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      60.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom