kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Sebastiii hi,

How can i help with testing?

I don't have multiple DVBS cards, i got only one, is there any testing u want me to do?
    Me too, shall we try the fork?

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Scratch that for now I seem to have broken my setup, and I can't work out how to get back to a working place.

Everything works, apart from the TV guide disappearing after a flash when brought up during TV fullscreen. If I move the mouse, the guide shows while the mouse is moving. If I get the top mouse controls to show, the guide shows while the top controls are showing.

I've gone back to v97, I've tried alternate versions of madVR and LAV. Logs attached, but they don't show any MP errors.

Anyone got any ideas? Here's hoping I've done something dumb.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    One more additional thing...
    To make MP freeze now its a lot of harder. Anyhow, I can make it freeze if I change channels with the KB quickly and before even to be presented on the screen, zap to other channel in diff tv card, and before or just after presented on screen zap to other channel (previous or any) quickly and before present zap again and .... freeze.

I kow, that not the normal use but...
    Logs with async tuning disabled. happens same with enable

Freeze at 16:04.
    Here logs[DOUBLEPOST=1465913926][/DOUBLEPOST]
    One more additional thing...
    To make MP freeze now its a lot of harder. Anyhow, I can make it freeze if I change channels with the KB quickly and before even to be presented on the screen, zap to other channel in diff tv card, and before or just after presented on screen zap to other channel (previous or any) quickly and before present zap again and .... freeze.

I kow, that not the normal use but...
    Logs with async tuning disabled. happens same with enable

Freeze at 16:04.
    Here logs
    After previous freeze I get a direct crash on first channel tune.

Seems MP gets unstable and hole computer needs to restart if any freeze.
    log16:15

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Scratch that for now I seem to have broken my setup, and I can't work out how to get back to a working place.

Everything works, apart from the TV guide disappearing after a flash when brought up during TV fullscreen. If I move the mouse, the guide shows while the mouse is moving. If I get the top mouse controls to show, the guide shows while the top controls are showing.

I've gone back to v97, I've tried alternate versions of madVR and LAV. Logs attached, but they don't show any MP errors.

Anyone got any ideas? Here's hoping I've done something dumb.
    I have, somewhere in madVR, as resetting it to default cures the issue. I'll update which when I work it out (it's not exclusive mode).

UPDATE: Switching on Error Diffusion appears to cause the issue.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I apply some improvements to SD tv Channels with good results (new for me) and after hole testing, Sd channels were choppy. Need to select DXVA2 for upscaling to recover.
    What do you mean with that?

I think he means that if he is using more complex algorithms in Madvr image upscaling then he is getting dropped frames. So as a result he has to use DXVA upscaling algorithm in order to get a smooth picture.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I apply some improvements to SD tv Channels with good results (new for me) and after hole testing, Sd channels were choppy. Need to select DXVA2 for upscaling to recover.

I think he means that if he is using more complex algorithms in Madvr image upscaling then he is getting dropped frames. So as a result he has to use DXVA upscaling algorithm in order to get a smooth picture.

Yes. I have some algorithms and after play with sd, HD channels 3D video, 4K (lav and Lenoit HEVC) and a freeze with auto recover, Sd became unstable and had to remove the algorithms. Recover after full HTPC restart[DOUBLEPOST=1465917891][/DOUBLEPOST]A minor finding on Video share, Mini Video image is out of place.

Attachments

• Video share.png
      Video share.png
      2.8 MB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi alex, if you find you need to restart machine due to madVR, it might also be recovered by killing the madHcCtrl.exe process and let MP restart it on next video play.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys :)

I have look the log and seems nothing wrong except one about null ref exception (happen on fast channel switching).
    I have uploaded V105 full installer, it could be nice to test with it :)

You maybe need to use installer from deploy temp folder :)

I will surely revert some code later Imediacontrol vs Imediafilter.

@alexdepalma would be nice to compare the result of V105 original against the fork and see if you get back the null reference on TvPlugin from renderframe. I hope not because i have port some code from the fork. But with it you will not have HEVC selection and asynctuning and RTSP rework for quick ZAP. (You can always use UNC move it's faster too).

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok i found an issue on my setup.

Switching between channels that are on the same DVBS card and same transponder, both channels have same resolution.
    Doesn't matter if i use keyboard to switch channels or remote's control UP and DOWN buttons the result is the same almost 6 out of 10 channel switch, black screen with madvr stats running, i can hear sound and there is no crash, if i exit full screen mode then video shows up in the preview window, if i enter full screen mode then video shows up this time in full screen mode, if i change channel again the i get again black screen with sound and madvr stats normally running.

EDIT: Something important, when i am in full screen mode with a black screen and madvr stats only, if i press ENTER for channel guide then channel guide DOES show up and i see video only behind the channel guide, so not on the whole screen but only behind the area of the channel guide.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom