[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Seb, not getting very far with 107 (last message repeats a lot):

[2016-06-15 19:09:16,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TvGuideBase: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void TvControl.RemoteControl.ForceRegisterChannel()'.
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.WaitForGentleConnection()
    at TvPlugin.TvGuideBase.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    [2016-06-15 19:09:16,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DialogWindow: TvPlugin.TVGuide init
    [2016-06-15 19:09:16,989] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateTvProperties()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateProgressPercentageBar()
    at TvPlugin.TvGuideBase.Process()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ProcessWindows() in g:\Git\MediaPortal-1-Git_Commit-1_MASTER\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 1245
    [2016-06-15 19:09:17,004] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Sebastiii,

Is the TsReader.ax in ur versions modified somehow compared to the original one?

Cause i am observing something really strange on my pc, with madvr or evr same results, each time there is a scene change during a video i get some dropped frames which are not reported in evr or madvr but they are there :(

As an example when i was watching football today each time the camera was switching to a different scene i had a 1ms jerky playback after that it recovers, madvr or evr do not report dropped frames but i can see them and the funny part is that on my gaming pc where i can play the same file with MPC-HC i dont have these issues, but on my gaming pc i am using lav splitter and not tsreader so it has to be something wrong with tsreader. I am not 100% sure i need to investigate it more but if u have any ideas let me know.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i think i know what happen :

In log you're not getting :
    TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoReceived() callback neither in TsReader.log.

So it's like TvPlugin didn't receive the order to stop to rendering the black screen while on my side i'm getting it.

So 2 choices :

1- The code was not triggered but it works here
    2- Tsreader was not updated.

Attached is the same version, could you replace it from MP folder and TVServer folder ? :)

yap,again abright picture and zaps seems good again (and quick) (y)(y):)
    new ts reader did the trick.only tried on client with v107. the singleseat server untouched

but, as usual :D
    first run had freeze on exit somehow, second was ok.
    only some good old last watched station tv backround cutout on zap :whistle:
    20-21-34.png
    and dxva processing ...:p

@kenwonders tried to go back before v97?
    and
    @Kotik blind guess, maybe a driver setting or new driver something like that? or wrong settings with deinterlaced tv channels hard to guess^^

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @Kotik blind guess, maybe a driver setting or new driver something like that? or wrong settings with deinterlaced tv channels hard to guess^^

I tried reverting back to an older version of catalyst same thing, updated to latest version of crimson ( which btw i hate cause it is missing lost of video settings compared to old catalyst) same thing, removed my vga and used iGPU same thing....., it cannot be deinterlacing cause the channel is actually a 720p channel, but thanx for suggesting these things.

I will try to upload a sample so maybe u guys can test it and tell me how it works on ur system.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb, not getting very far with 107 (last message repeats a lot):

[2016-06-15 19:09:16,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TvGuideBase: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void TvControl.RemoteControl.ForceRegisterChannel()'.
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.WaitForGentleConnection()
    at TvPlugin.TvGuideBase.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    [2016-06-15 19:09:16,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - DialogWindow: TvPlugin.TVGuide init
    [2016-06-15 19:09:16,989] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateTvProperties()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateProgressPercentageBar()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ProcessWindows() in g:\Git\MediaPortal-1-Git_Commit-1_MASTER\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 1245
    [2016-06-15 19:09:17,004] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

It seems that it was not the current tvplugin :( or i have forget to remove something, let me look :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Sebastiii,

Is the TsReader.ax in ur versions modified somehow compared to the original one?

Cause i am observing something really strange on my pc, with madvr or evr same results, each time there is a scene change during a video i get some dropped frames which are not reported in evr or madvr but they are there :(

As an example when i was watching football today each time the camera was switching to a different scene i had a 1ms jerky playback after that it recovers, madvr or evr do not report dropped frames but i can see them and the funny part is that on my gaming pc where i can play the same file with MPC-HC i dont have these issues, but on my gaming pc i am using lav splitter and not tsreader so it has to be something wrong with tsreader. I am not 100% sure i need to investigate it more but if u have any ideas let me know.

There is a diff in callback to tell MP to renderblack video and tell that to stop it (onvideoreceived).
    It can happen if the log is full of this message (but i don't think so), otherwise it's based on official master code (except the fork one that is totally different)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @kenwonders

In v107 bin, i have removed the code against : ForceRegisterChannel etc. So can you retry maybe not all the files were replaced ? (ForceRegisterChannel was related to TvControl and Tvplugin).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok i think i know what happen :

In log you're not getting :
    TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoReceived() callback neither in TsReader.log.

So it's like TvPlugin didn't receive the order to stop to rendering the black screen while on my side i'm getting it.

So 2 choices :

1- The code was not triggered but it works here
    2- Tsreader was not updated.

Attached is the same version, could you replace it from MP folder and TVServer folder ? :)

yap,again abright picture and zaps seems good again (and quick) (y)(y):)
    new ts reader did the trick.only tried on client with v107. the singleseat server untouched

but, as usual :D
    first run had freeze on exit somehow, second was ok.
    only some good old last watched station tv backround cutout on zap :whistle:
    View attachment 179854
    and dxva processing ...:p

@kenwonders tried to go back before v97?
    and

There is something strange from your log :
    In freeze report, we can see this :
    102b8bd6 +016 dshowhelper.dll dshowhelper.cpp 1203 +4 Vmr9SetDeinterlacePrefs

But that line is trigger on MP when madVR isn't in use, so it shouldn't be called. (if = vmr9 blablabla)

C#:
    if (GUIGraphicsContext.VideoRenderer == GUIGraphicsContext.VideoRendererType.VMR9)
            {
              SetDeinterlacePrefs();

So it can be something strange on madVR freeze report or really weird thing happening on MP, i will add a new line of code to prove that (Log.Debug("VMR9: SetDeinterlacePrefs() for VMR9 mode");)

So when you get the first freeze MP didn't react right (to anything alt+enter etc. etc.? (log from 20:23 ?) I didn't see in log the freeze happening.

The freeze i was able to trigger on my side is logged like this :

[2016-06-15 20:15:18,403] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: SetSourcePosition 1

If it freeze, you will not be able to see log after SetSourcePosition 1.

[2016-06-15 20:15:18,403] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: SetSourcePosition 2

But we can always have another freeze somewhere else lol.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @kenwonders

In v107 bin, i have removed the code against : ForceRegisterChannel etc. So can you retry maybe not all the files were replaced ? (ForceRegisterChannel was related to TvControl and Tvplugin).
    I just applied patches again:

-105 full
    -107 Core madVR
    -107 TsReader.ax

Here's the logs/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom