[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (21 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ahah i was able to reproduced so need to understand why :)
    So to be able to reproduce it, i need to focus on my second screen then MP doesn't have the focus and the screen saver kick in :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe another reason also. It looks like if the MP Screensaver is enabled the Windows one is blocked. With settings as per the first 2 screenshots I get the Win. Screensaver actioned while watching TV after 1min. If I set MP screensaver as per screenshot 3 then niether Win or MP is actioned in TV and if I play music the Win one also is not actioned but the MP screensaver blanks the screen after 5 min.
    scrs.jpg M;Pss.jpg
    M;Pss2.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think i know what happen, i mean i'm sure that if MP is not focused -> screensaver will kick in.

So i have try with EVR -> the same
    Trying also on very old MP version -> the same

So what is happening, is that somehow, MP lost focus when you are playing something and then screensaver kick in, now it's to know why it is happening :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe another reason also. It looks like if the MP Screensaver is enabled the Windows one is blocked. With settings as per the first 2 screenshots I get the Win. Screensaver actioned while watching TV after 1min. If I set MP screensaver as per screenshot 3 then niether Win or MP is actioned in TV and if I play music the Win one also is not actioned but the MP screensaver blanks the screen after 5 min.

On my side,

MP screensaver and Windows one, if MP is not focused, screen saver kick in and display off my monitors lol. But like it happen on very old MP version, it was always like this but only happen if MP lost the focus.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    Versions after V244 bring dropped frames for me in all content. Just realized yesterday with v260 while watching series. But have this also on TV. Reverted back on V244 and no dropped frames.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii
    Versions after V244 bring dropped frames for me in all content. Just realized yesterday with v260 while watching series. But have this also on TV. Reverted back on V244 and no dropped frames.

For me its happening the same and its related with zooming options.
    Try to disable and see. I'm not sure if its related to MP or the new versions of madvr. I didn't have time to test.
    In early Mp versions of madvr port, happened the same buts its been several months working properly.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my side,

MP screensaver and Windows one, if MP is not focused, screen saver kick in and display off my monitors lol. But like it happen on very old MP version, it was always like this but only happen if MP lost the focus.
    I think that is different to what I am seeing, MP screensaver is not being actioned when screen is active, i.e. I'm watching something, it is only the Windows one and only then if MP one is not enabled. v246/7 and earlier never had the problem for me, it only happens after I upgrade to v259 and goes away again if I revert back to v246.:confused:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii

Can you create fresh log for it ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think that is different to what I am seeing, MP screensaver is not being actioned when screen is active, i.e. I'm watching something, it is only the Windows one and only then if MP one is not enabled. v246/7 and earlier never had the problem for me, it only happens after I upgrade to v259 and goes away again if I revert back to v246.:confused:

Ok :)
    I need to look what is the change that trigger the non MP to be focused !
    Can you create a fresh log that show up the issue ?

And also, does it happen when :

1- Start MP
    2- Start a video or what ever
    3- Click with the mouse on MP window (fullscreen or not)
    4- Let running

If you do that, MP will have the focus and then it shouldn't go in windows screen saver mode.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow :)
    What could be nice to test too is to use V246/V247 dshowhelper.dll on top of V260 to see if it works or not, like this it will give me where to look :p (if it's C+ or C# side issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom