[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (13 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also noticed that adjusting the subtitles delay doesn't work with madVR. Known issue?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Also noticed that adjusting the subtitles delay doesn't work with madVR. Known issue?
    Where did you adjust this ? (with MPC-HC Engine)
    I didn't test it myself but that's possible maybe log show us something ? :)
    Can you try with XySubFilter ?
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have done something locally for now lol.
    I have run the command all 45s to tell windows to not going to screensaver when MP is playing a video (like it does when MP is focused).
    Why 45s because the minimal delay is 1 min from windows screensaver setting.

It will not solve the issue to understand why MP lost focus but i think it's nice to have this 45s fix too.

Still we need to figure out why MP lost focus at least @joecrow but maybe this losing focus lead to dropped frame too @GeYe :p

So @GeYe maybe you could try like i explain here ? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/madvr-support-in-mp1.133972/page-293#post-1202634
    Thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok :)
    I need to look what is the change that trigger the non MP to be focused !
    Can you create a fresh log that show up the issue ?

And also, does it happen when :

1- Start MP
    2- Start a video or what ever
    3- Click with the mouse on MP window (fullscreen or not)
    4- Let running

If you do that, MP will have the focus and then it shouldn't go in windows screen saver mode.

Yes, clicking the mouse on the MP window makes no difference, screensaver still gets actioned.:eek:
    See first attached log , 2nd attached log is much the same but I used option 1 from Watchdog, so Titan skin and no plugins.

@joecrow :)
    What could be nice to test too is to use V246/V247 dshowhelper.dll on top of V260 to see if it works or not, like this it will give me where to look :p (if it's C+ or C# side issue)
    With v247 dshowhelper.dll copied to MP v260 all works OK, i.e. no screensaver when I'm watching something but it does action when idle.:)
    I may also be worth noting the the problem with the info button on my remote also occurred with the v246/7 to v25x upgrade and to my knowledge the way it works requires MP in focus. It kinda looks like only MP knows it is active but from the outside it is seen as idle.;)

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Where did you adjust this ? (with MPC-HC Engine)
    I didn't test it myself but that's possible maybe log show us something ? :)
    Can you try with XySubFilter ?
    Thanks.
    I did this with the mpc hc subtitles, adjustment was done with mediaportal GUI.
    Is XySubfilter included with MadVR? I didn't follow this thread thoroughly. I'm still using an older 1.16 pre test release.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, clicking the mouse on the MP window makes no difference, screensaver still gets actioned.:eek:
    See first attached log , 2nd attached log is much the same but I used option 1 from Watchdog, so Titan skin and no plugins.

With v247 dshowhelper.dll copied to MP v260 all works OK, i.e. no screensaver when I'm watching something but it does action when idle.:)
    I may also be worth noting the the problem with the info button on my remote also occurred with the v246/7 to v25x upgrade and to my knowledge the way it works requires MP in focus. It kinda looks like only MP knows it is active but from the outside it is seen as idle.;)

Great so i think i know the change that cause the trouble of screensaver is in C++ :) (now why it didn't happen here, always the same strange thingy lol).
    About the remote, i have merged the master in madVR branch and we have in it : MP1-4795: HID keyboard support so it can be related to that, so not related to madVR branch itself :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I did this with the mpc hc subtitles, adjustment was done with mediaportal GUI.
    Is XySubfilter included with MadVR? I didn't follow this thread thoroughly. I'm still using an older 1.16 pre test release.

Yep in very recent madVR branch, i have added support for this filter, in fact extend DirectVobSub code for XySubFilter and fix some issue and added detection of forced sub so maybe the timing will work because XySubFilter talk directly with madVR :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom