[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tried v260 and screensaver yesterday.
    on htpc and 2 clients same outcome,damn - it works:D ...and i really like it with dvbs radio -thanks joe.
    win saver set to 1min and mepo saver disabled. tried with music and radio it gets active and also no problem while playing video, tv or similar- the saver never started while something should be displayed the whole evening..
    seems the only exeptions i have spotted were the focus (works with focus and refused if not ) and win saver refused if mepo saver is enabled

v260 - the minimode scaling again, double skin osd gone^^
    and quickly tested the subs with delay - i never used it before so im not quite shure it works with xysubs. it is doing something but i dont know it can be a placebo^^, @CypherMK is that value in ms? :D

btw. new lav nightly 45 and new madVR v0.91.3

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tried v260 and screensaver yesterday.
    on htpc and 2 clients same outcome,damn - it works:D ...and i really like it with dvbs radio -thanks joe.
    win saver set to 1min and mepo saver disabled. tried with music and radio it gets active and also no problem while playing video, tv or similar- the saver never started while something should be displayed the whole evening..
    seems the only exeptions i have spotted were the focus (works with focus and refused if not ) and win saver refused if mepo saver is enabled

v260 - the minimode scaling again, double skin osd gone^^
    and quickly tested the subs with delay - i never used it before so im not quite shure it works with xysubs. it is doing something but i dont know it can be a placebo^^, @CypherMK is that value in ms? :D

btw. new lav nightly 45 and new madVR v0.91.3
    Adjusting the value can be done by remote/keyboard if you bind a button/key to it. Then you will see a value in +/- ms. Can also be adjusted in GUI. Then you don't see the amount of ms that is adjusted.

Still haven't got the time to properly test it myself. Maybe in the weekend.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v262
    Has fixed my screensaver problems,:) Win screensaver is no longer actioned when video is playing but is actioned when not, e.g. listening to music(y). The info button on the remote is also doing what it should.
    No other problems noticed yet, will continue testing.
    Many thanks

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Tested V262 yesterday. External subtitles are working properly now with xySubFilter.
    Out of topic (sorry), anyone here has Life Of Pi 3D bluray? I am searching for more people to troubleshoot a 3D subtitle bug in lav splitter. So if anyone has this movie and has a 3D tv please pm me.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry did not have much time to test at the moment. Version V262 working without dropped frames @tv, series, film, 4k :) . But 3D is recognized by madvr but don't switch on tv, also it's activated in windows settings. Must investigate in this than i have more time.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys :)

Please try to do some more test on V262 and then try again with V264 (first post) this one is the release candidate for updating the current madVR branch in master with latest change.
    Will do more testing over the week-end, ofc there will be few bugs left but hoping not critical one :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Upgraded from v262 to v264 yesterday following an MP crash on resume from sleep.

So far v264 looks good, screensaver is still working as it should and all playback (TV,SD,HD,3D and Elysium vid) looks good.

I do have a strange issue with 3D playback but it is not new, I saw it also with v246 and maybe before but definitely since I went Nvidia.:rolleyes: When I play a 3D vid I get mild stuttering with very heavy rendering times of 80-100ms and frames dropping continuously. Restarting the vid will sometimes fix it (with the rendering time of typically under 20ms and other that an initial spurt of dropped frames no more) but not always. Not all my 3D vids seem to have the problem, some never show it, while some have it more often than others and I can't reliably reproduce it. I can reliably fix it though, by playing one of the 3D vids that never have the problem for a short time then the "problem" 3D vid always plays OK.:confused:
    Anyone else seeing this kind of behaviour.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Upgraded from v262 to v264 yesterday following an MP crash on resume from sleep.

So far v264 looks good, screensaver is still working as it should and all playback (TV,SD,HD,3D and Elysium vid) looks good.

I do have a strange issue with 3D playback but it is not new, I saw it also with v246 and maybe before but definitely since I went Nvidia.:rolleyes: When I play a 3D vid I get mild stuttering with very heavy rendering times of 80-100ms and frames dropping continuously. Restarting the vid will sometimes fix it (with the rendering time of typically under 20ms and other that an initial spurt of dropped frames no more) but not always. Not all my 3D vids seem to have the problem, some never show it, while some have it more often than others and I can't reliably reproduce it. I can reliably fix it though, by playing one of the 3D vids that never have the problem for a short time then the "problem" 3D vid always plays OK.:confused:
    Anyone else seeing this kind of behaviour.

Can you upload the log of the crash ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom