mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i was wrong....
    I don't see any problem with osd or miniguide the video seems smooth anf no flicker UI, but i missed to check guide .....that is still flickering.

thank you

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A bit of advice for other amateur madVR users - you don't get auto refresh rate until you specify the list in madVR options. I stupidly spent more time than I should troubleshooting that until I actually read the text in the options properly. :rolleyes:
    I have left the refresh list blank which I believe disables the madvr auto refresh, but I have auto refresh enabled in MP and from the Cntrl+j data it is switching to the correct rate, 23, 25 &50p etc for the content playing. Should I disable the MP auto refresh and enable madvr?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    A bit of advice for other amateur madVR users - you don't get auto refresh rate until you specify the list in madVR options. I stupidly spent more time than I should troubleshooting that until I actually read the text in the options properly. :rolleyes:
    I have left the refresh list blank which I believe disables the madvr auto refresh, but I have auto refresh enabled in MP and from the Cntrl+j data it is switching to the correct rate, 23, 25 &50p etc for the content playing. Should I disable the MP auto refresh and enable madvr?

For many setups I'd guess it doesn't matter (I always match refresh to content). If you have reduced refresh rates available from your display, it might be better to use madVR and the 'smooth motion' setting so it can choose the best rate.

While madVR and PowerDVD both do this, I have it switched off in MP.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Testing v41 with 3d results:
    • I used MakeMKV to rip my (owned) BluRay of Epic 3D. I took the MVC 3D video and DTSHD audio
    • In madVR 3d settings, I set it to switch on nvidia 3d before playback and off afterwards
    • Fired up MP, selected MKV video.
    • 2D! Oh no, but look Ambibox has crashed (it does not like frame packed 3d), quit MP, restart Ambibox in GDI mode. Red herring.
    • Fired up MP, selected MKV video.
    3D!
    (y)(y)(y)

After playback it returned to non 3d and my default rate and the MP menu. A happy ending.

This means I can ditch PowerDVD altogether, just rip the ones I buy and avoid the horror of BluRay on HTPC :D

In conclusion, test passed great stuff Seb!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This means I can ditch PowerDVD altogether, just rip the ones I buy and avoid the horror of BluRay on HTPC :D

In conclusion, test passed great stuff Seb!
    Not just PowerDVD, AnyDVD is no longer required (for playing 3D .iso rips) which is a very good thing considering the current uncertanty regarding its future.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah, great news guys. (y) i've not got time to test v41 yet

special 3d question @kenwonders and all other nvidia users: do you use a single monitor or dualmonitor setup?
    asking because with 3d frame packed stuff i had some strange effects on dual, i must set the 3dTV as the primary to get it autoswitching to 3d and displayed correctly
    if on secondary screen 3d gets played with some strange looking 3d mode, not right. weird

btw. has anyone tested 4k?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    yeah, great news guys. (y) i've not got time to test v41 yet

special 3d question @kenwonders and all other nvidia users: do you use a single monitor or dualmonitor setup?
    asking because with 3d frame packed stuff i had some strange effects on dual, i must set the 3dTV as the primary to get it autoswitching to 3d and displayed correctly
    if on secondary screen 3d gets played with some strange looking 3d mode, not right. weird

btw. has anyone tested 4k?

I am just on a single Samsung 1080p telly, so lucky me by the sound of it. Do other software players do that too? As in, are you having issue with MP or just multimonitor + 3d vision? I always imagined multi-monitor + high performance media playback to be a bit incompatable.

If you guys can stump up for a 4k tv I'll happily test it :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do other software players do that too? As in, are you having issue with MP or just multimonitor + 3d vision? I always imagined multi-monitor + high performance media playback to be a bit incompatable.
    tried with mpc-hc, be... the same issue, not a MP issue, yap more than one monitor is always a bit tricky, i'm so used to it,can't imagine my htpc without it ^^
    you guys can stump up for a 4k tv
    :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom