[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V41 crashing on LiveTV for me. Watchdog logs attached...

It crash in MediaPortal.exe / 1.14.0.0 / dshowhelper.dll / c0000005.
    So dshowhelper.dll handle madVR code, so no clue what happen, did you look the amount of memory has when the crash appear ?
    Also maybe related to the fact directsound device can't be found :

Code:
    DirectshowUtil. Failed to add filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph :Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040256 mscorlib    bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindMoniker(IMoniker pmk, UInt32 grfOpt, Guid& iidResult, Object& ppvResult)
       bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker(String monikerName)
       bei DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.AddAudioRendererToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String strFilterName, Boolean setAsReferenceClock)

it's maybe because it was not released in previous channel or something else :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Also maybe related to the fact directsound device can't be found :
    The logs were captured via VNC, so guess this is a problem. But MP was crashing when trying local without remote. So I guess its not related. Another issue I am having when switching back to EVR with this version: LiveTV->OSD lead to a hanging MP, but sound is still there. You need logs for this too?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes please,

We can run into some deadlock i fear, need to think and/or help about it :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A bit of advice for other amateur madVR users - you don't get auto refresh rate until you specify the list in madVR options. I stupidly spent more time than I should troubleshooting that until I actually read the text in the options properly. :rolleyes:
    I have left the refresh list blank which I believe disables the madvr auto refresh, but I have auto refresh enabled in MP and from the Cntrl+j data it is switching to the correct rate, 23, 25 &50p etc for the content playing. Should I disable the MP auto refresh and enable madvr?

For many setups I'd guess it doesn't matter (I always match refresh to content). If you have reduced refresh rates available from your display, it might be better to use madVR and the 'smooth motion' setting so it can choose the best rate.

While madVR and PowerDVD both do this, I have it switched off in MP.

I gave the madvr auto refresh a try but I cannot detect any change in picture quality both with or without smooth motion set (1080&720) vs using MP auto refresh but I am seeing some minor shimmer/moire effects with 576p25 TV content (TV refresh is 50), pan and motion scenes e.g. football etc. Any suggestions for how to improve would be most welcome.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I gave the madvr auto refresh a try but I cannot detect any change in picture quality both with or without smooth motion set (1080&720) vs using MP auto refresh but I am seeing some minor shimmer/moire effects with 576p25 TV content (TV refresh is 50), pan and motion scenes e.g. football etc. Any suggestions for how to improve would be most welcome.
    If it's sport on TV, that will always be 576i50 which could mean your issue is with deinterlacing. If you use LAV, I believe you switch off any deinterlacing option with madVR, and use the madVR default 'auto' deinterlace setting. If you're matching the refresh (or perfect multiple) then there should be no issue and smooth motion won't do anything.

On the subject of madVR v41, it's still stable for me. I've found a couple of issues with 3d playback, but I don't think they are MP bugs:

- First play is often not 3d even if sending framepacked data (seems to be first play since PC switch on, not MP restart)
    - The fields appear to be swapped, changing L/R to R/L on my TV made the whole thing a LOT better.
    - Some 3D MVC is not playing in 3d ever - Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (I'll live!)

Seb any chance you could confirm you think they are madVR issues? If so I'll use madVR support channels.

cheers

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    It could be nice to try with MPc-HC for example to confirm the issue :)
    But yes i have see something similar too.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it's sport on TV, that will always be 576i50 which could mean your issue is with deinterlacing. If you use LAV, I believe you switch off any deinterlacing option with madVR, and use the madVR default 'auto' deinterlace setting. If you're matching the refresh (or perfect multiple) then there should be no issue and smooth motion won't do anything.

On the subject of madVR v41, it's still stable for me. I've found a couple of issues with 3d playback, but I don't think they are MP bugs:

- First play is often not 3d even if sending framepacked data (seems to be first play since PC switch on, not MP restart)
    - The fields appear to be swapped, changing L/R to R/L on my TV made the whole thing a LOT better.
    - Some 3D MVC is not playing in 3d ever - Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (I'll live!)

Seb any chance you could confirm you think they are madVR issues? If so I'll use madVR support channels.

cheers
    I have not noted any issues with 3D playback, it has worked very well for me pretty much right from the start.:) For sure I do not have the first play issue. I wonder if this is an nvidia problem, it would not be the first one they have had with 3D;). @kenwonders if you can send me a sample I will happily try out that failing .mvc with an amd card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom