[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated to v41 all looking OK, will run as standard now on the HTPC baring any major gliches and report back.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Do other software players do that too? As in, are you having issue with MP or just multimonitor + 3d vision? I always imagined multi-monitor + high performance media playback to be a bit incompatable.
    tried with mpc-hc, be... the same issue, not a MP issue, yap more than one monitor is always a bit tricky, i'm so used to it,can't imagine my htpc without it ^^
    you guys can stump up for a 4k tv
    :p

I have both output on my HTPC, one for my Projector and the other for sound on my AVR, so to make the 3D working, i need to set the screen as extended :) But it seems to not work @100% because of this and if i use duplicate, no more 3D switch available lol

D

DiBS

Hi folks,
    this is my first attempt testing madvr:

Upgrade your current 1.14 Pre-release or 1.13 installation and try : done
    DXVA2 setting in LAV Video can lead to MP crash, switching to DXVA2 (Copy-back) solve it done
    Better to not use exclusive mode in madVR renderer setting. ??? where can I find these settings?

I have changed no further settings

After starting MP, I start the 3D movie from the video section. My LG 4K TV immediately recognized the 3D video and played it off correctly. Also, the fast forward and rewind functions perfectly.
    When switching to the TV mode without the film to stop earlier , however, this resulted in a black screen
    and I had to make a pc reboot.

D!BS

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Better to not use exclusive mode in madVR renderer setting. ??? where can I find these settings?

It's "Enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode" there which is best left off for now at least :)

madvr_settings001-png.178037

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    V41 is running smooth so far :) , with the newly attached OnlineVideos2 build it reports an error when opening the Youtube so that isn't usable however Apple trailers works :D

Also managed to setup 12bit (Deep color) with madVR and works as well with Anime, most modern bravia models support 12bit and in madVR config you can just set it to 10bit or higher in the device config area.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi folks,
    this is my first attempt testing madvr:

Upgrade your current 1.14 Pre-release or 1.13 installation and try : done
    DXVA2 setting in LAV Video can lead to MP crash, switching to DXVA2 (Copy-back) solve it done

I have changed no further settings

After starting MP, I start the 3D movie from the video section. My LG 4K TV immediately recognized the 3D video and played it off correctly. Also, the fast forward and rewind functions perfectly.
    When switching to the TV mode without the film to stop earlier , however, this resulted in a black screen
    and I had to make a pc reboot.

D!BS

Could you retry with watchdog first option ?
    Also make the log with watchdog (collect option) to be able to get the full log thanks :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sometimes it does generate this error when navigating in MP-tvseries or home during playback, doesn't crash though :)

Code:
    [2016-04-19 17:20:54,032] [Error  ] [106      ] [ERROR] - render exception:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl.item_OnThumbnailRefresh(Int32 buttonNr, Boolean gotFocus)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sometimes it does generate this error when navigating in MP-tvseries or home during playback, doesn't crash though :)

Code:
    [2016-04-19 17:20:54,032] [Error  ] [106      ] [ERROR] - render exception:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl.item_OnThumbnailRefresh(Int32 buttonNr, Boolean gotFocus)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

Yep it's because the GUI refresh is not in sync with MP Main thread, and when i try to make it sync, we run into a deadlock :(
    So for now, i don't think we can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom