Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

First I would like to thank @daWooky for screenshots his madVR settings. Then ran absolutely smoothly with me live TV and 2D HD movies. The only problem this time was my 3D MVC film which was not liquid playable with these settings. CPU load at 100% at max. 5 images per second.

A few days later, I then installed the latest trial. Since I have it play not manage live TV or movies with low CPU load. It jerky again, the OSD is flickering and everything reacts delayed. Interestingly, when I start Live TV it lurches fewer after zapping to another station.

No matter what I set the LAV codec, it changes nothing. The settings in madVR I could only make it worse, not better. At least it shows that the impact of changes settings somehow. In any case, it looks as if everything is completely handled by the CPU without GPU support, just why?

Right now I have again EVR active since everything went fine. In madVR the settings of @daWooky are active so that I can at any time to continue testing.

What else can I try?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am having problems with OV today, any attempt to play ITV2 or 3 live using madvr causes MP to crash :((can't try ITV1 says no URL??), it is OK using EVR. ITV catchup content and BBC live all seem OK with madvr. All ITV was working earlier in the week and ITV 2&3 live worked yesterday, no idea what has changed o_Obut do note that ther is no update happening in OV, normally automatic or manual on OV start. :unsure:
    The attached log starts with sucessfull playback of bbc&itv using evr and after closing MP, enabling madvr and restarting at 14:11 aprox. a crash trying to play ITV2 live.
    Also noted that with madvr the cache buffer is not displayed in OV but is with EVR.

EDIT later :- ITV2&3 are working again after a reboot:confused:. ITV1 still no URL.

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having problems with OV today, any attempt to play ITV2 or 3 live using madvr causes MP to crash :((can't try ITV1 says no URL??), it is OK using EVR. ITV catchup content and BBC live all seem OK with madvr. All ITV was working earlier in the week and ITV 2&3 live worked yesterday, no idea what has changed o_Obut do note that ther is no update happening in OV, normally automatic or manual on OV start. :unsure:
    The attached log starts with sucessfull playback of bbc&itv using evr and after closing MP, enabling madvr and restarting at 14:11 aprox. a crash trying to play ITV2 live.
    Also noted that with madvr the cache buffer is not displayed in OV but is with EVR.
    I updated ITV a couple of days ago, couldn't test because of my own issues. Might want to just double check that the streams work with EVR

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I updated ITV a couple of days ago, couldn't test because of my own issues. Might want to just double check that the streams work with EVR

@Brownard I guess you missed my update above, ITV2&3 Live are working again following a reboot but I am still getting No URL with ITV1 live both with EVR and madvr.
    I am concerned though that the failure occurred without any apparent reason with only an overnight standby from working to failure.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

@Brownard I guess you missed my update above, ITV2&3 Live are working again following a reboot but I am still getting No URL with ITV1 live both with EVR and madvr.
    I am concerned though that the failure occurred without any apparent reason with only an overnight standby from working to failure.
    just... saying .... when OV can't find urls , usually it requires an update .. ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just... saying .... when OV can't find urls , usually it requires an update .. ;)

Yes you are right, the problem I have with this version of OV is that even with the box ticked in the OV/MP config. OV does not update on startup or ask if I want to do an updateo_O unlike the regular version. OV has been running for a couple of days now and seems not to be updating in any other way either.:( I finally worked my way through the menus in the OV gui and clicked the update button. ITV1 live now plays:D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OV is based on latest commit so more recent that current version but maybe something goes wrong for the update, so change i made is only on video part :)
    @joecrow
    From your log, we can see :
    Code:
    [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Main: MediaPortal.Render() called while VMR9 render - False / 0
    It happen when filter is not working or something goes to stop, so OV need to reset the VMR9 when something failed, i was able to reproduce for video player and i think i have fixed that but not in OV :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    good morning,
    v41 running great on my clients but i still have problems on the singlseat htpc with mad, it seems to not release streams properly and eats gpu memory.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.14.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x571544f4
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.10586.122, Zeitstempel: 0x56cc16f5
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x00026d79
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1620
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d19d33294005d2
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Berichtskennung: 8b75b4b4-12e9-4b3e-a0d6-821834457395

if that error triggers madvr kind off never gets closed properly

maderror.jpg

i closed it and run again with watchdog on up to full gpu mem^^
    see screen and log from that run attached,
    cheers guys

@Palm_Maniac ya might try lav with quicksync and mad dithering off

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).png
      Screenshot (36).png
      1.7 MB