[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep the setting (delay switch to exclusive mode by 3 seconds) is forced (like it was in KODI) at every video start in exclusive mode, i can build a bin without it forced, on my side i need this options to have 3D working on start, but even with this one, 3D doesn't start correctly everytime lol.

All is related to some delay etc. and because MP in C#, it hard to have it to work correctly, still for me lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @ThoW1982
    This bin disable exclusive 3 seconds delay to be on from each MP video start :p

Attachments

• dshowhelper_delay_exclusive_off.zip
      89.1 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    But it creates disruption (a new problem o_O) after start of both 2D and 3D contents -> all playback starts in windowed mode then switches after few seconds to exclusive (full screen) mode.

This is normal, this options doesn't fit video to fullscreen and set to fullscreen after, this is the only way i find to try to solve some failing 3D video to start. Like we can't know that video is 3D or not before starting playing, i can't set this option only for 3D.

I will try to explain what Madshi explain to me.

When starting a video, madVR analyse the stream and detect if the video is 3D or not, if it's 3D, it reset the D3D device and set it to a new that is 3D and then Windows switch to 3D mode.
    Somehow because of C# / C++ etc. if i delaying the fullscreen mode it seems GPU and madVR handle it better and then MP switch to fullscreen, it's a big hack but still permit to try to correctly start 3D.

But the thing i didn't know it's why it switched back correctly to 60Hz after the stop, maybe it's the same weird cause that permit to start 3D lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @ThoW1982 are you able to test also this one ? :)
    I have try something for 3D trick but i don't have all hardware to test right now lol

Attachments

• Core_3Dtest.zip
      2.6 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is very weird, I did an upgrade install on top of std. 1.16pr on my desktop and the extra Weather Lite display was/is working both before and after the install, no problem. I did exactly the same thing on my HTPC, Weather Lite extra display working before the upgrade but totally gone after,:eek:o_O:confused:. only able to get it again with a System restore back to the std. 1.16pr.

So hard to say and now i'm not sure if it's master build that break thing or madVR branch (like master was merged to it lol) :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have tested this, but sadly it has no effect - still windowed mode first -> then exclusive (full screen) after disabling 3 seconds delay
    Yes this bin only allow to disable seconds delay :) it will not change the behavior for the windowed to fullscreen :)
    But the core 3d test bin maybe :)

ThoW1982

Portal Member
    November 6, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes this bin only allow to disable seconds delay :) it will not change the behavior for the windowed to fullscreen :)
    But the core 3d test bin maybe :)

Thanks for trying. The core 3d test bin solves 2D windowed to full screen when 'Force MP widows refresh rate (for 3D)' tweak is enabled. When 3D playback starts Mediaportal switches to 1080p24, then very quickly to 1080p30 and when playback stops switches to 1080p30 again. So 3D regression unfortunately here.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    why it goes to 1080p30 ? the movie is 24p right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom