[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Opps Very sorry:oops: For some strange reason I thought you were asking about Online Videos, hence my initial answer. @DaWocky is absolutely correct you should now be using the official MP 1.16 Final release for madvr. If you also use Online Videos the following info. may also be of use.;)
    The official release available from the MP Extension manager (currently ver. 2.3.1.0) does support madvr in conjunction with MP 1.16. No need to use the one here in the 1st post anymore.

Last edited:

d3cadent

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Gents, this thread is 360 pages long, no chance to find an answer - forgive me for asking a potential double.
    I have an Intel Core i5-embedded video hardware, attached to my TV via HDMI.
    MadVR produces fantastic results during movie/livetv. However, when showing menu screens, there's heavy flickering. I tried to play around with parameters, but haven't really found out how to prevent this. Did someone manage to get rid of flickering?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's the issue with Intel GPU and madVR and MP.
    You can try to play with this value :
    upload_2017-5-23_19-12-7.png

upload_2017-5-23_19-12-20.png

Play with different value and try :)

I remember changing also : (uncheck present and play with flush etc. value) i can't really test but maybe someone can tell his value for you) :)
    upload_2017-5-23_19-13-28.png

d3cadent

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Hi,
    thanks for your response.
    I still don't have the winning combination, just wanted to respond to you.
    BTW, did you eventually find the settings which do not cause stuttering?

I find it somewhat hard to understand where the problem lies. Stuttering appears when menus are displayed and no video is played - thus, the madVR renderer is not even running by that time.

Anyway, I will continue digging, it's just hard to find a time window long enough to experiment - without family complaining for the unavailable TV ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When using madVR, madVR is always used and OSD is send with madVR video and somehow on IntelGPU there is this stuttering, it can be because GPU is not used at full speed.
    I need to try to reproduce it on my laptop with IGPU but i have past so many days to try to fix it with no luck, the best setting was like i said above but it's a workaround :(
    Otherwise another GPU is needed for now if any combination didn't work :(

I was hoping that with new Intel GPU drivers it will be better but seems not :(

d3cadent

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    When using madVR, madVR is always used and OSD is send with madVR video and somehow on IntelGPU there is this stuttering, it can be because GPU is not used at full speed.

O, I didn't know that. Maybe I was assuming madVR was not running during "menu time" because the tray icon for madVR is only visible during movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom