[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh what a difference a day can make!:eek:
    I gave V46 a quick try, TV was OK but when I tried 3D all my .mvc's displayed as SBSo_O. Since OV is still not working with this version I recopied the V41 core back but then MP would no longer start! (no error, just the circle for a couple of seconds then nothing). I figured I must have screwed somthing up so did a reinstall(upgrade) of V41 but 3D is still showing up as SBS. I can't say at this time if V46 messed anything up but the fact that MP would not start on reloading the V41 core makes me very suspicious. :unsure:
    Help, not sure at this stage if I should do a fresh install of V41 or madvr but any advice or suggestions at this point would be most welcome;).

UPDATE:
    All working again. No idea what the problem was but a fresh install of MP(madvr41 version) made no difference so I did a restore from last week and 3D is now working again. I think I will hold off any further testing V46 for the moment until Seb can let me know if it is likely or not that it caused the problem;).

Joe

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Joe,
    This is strange but i get that when 3D from OS is not available :)
    For me it's when i set duplicate screen etc. the 3D option in not appear and then, we can see SBS movie displayed.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

First I would like to say thank you to @Sebastiii for the great work. V46 running again. :)

@joecrow: The problem with the sudden SBS MVC files is not directly madVR or MP, it is on the 3D mode, the graphics settings in Windows. Under Windows 10, there is a switch for the 3D mode. Is selected from, there is SBS. Is he on, there are 3D. madVR converts the order depending on the setting and the capabilities of the TV. I think madVR on the end of a 3D film this mode occasionally from when you finished the 3D movie and it goes back to the 2D mode. You can test quiet V46. :)

Unfortunately, I have also with the V46 and the Exclusive mode still have the problem that I simply can not go get live TV or movies with video acceleration play. It jerky still madly at a CPU load between 80-100%. Even with the settings of @daWooky can't get. :( So there continued 3D look in SBS. :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Unfortunately, I have also with the V46 and the Exclusive mode still have the problem that I simply can not go get live TV or movies with video acceleration play. It jerky still madly at a CPU load
    between 80-100%. Even with the settings of @daWooky can't get. :( So there continued 3D look in SBS. :(

Great that it works again, can you try to see the GPU ram used (with GPUZ).
    What do you mean by video acceleration play ?

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I feel once I adjust madVR as renderer, everything goes through the CPU and not on the iGPU graphics. The OSD is flickering, the video does not run clean and soft. With EVR renderer as I have a maximum CPU load of 10-20%.

I leave tomorrow once run along GPUZ and look for the GPU Ram.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Palm_Maniac
    how is it with mp-hc?

tried v46 a bit
    client 1 -nvidia: all good so far, even alt+enter (not scalable but works back on fullscreen without black bars^^)
    client 2 -igpu: great improvement, runs smooth again only a bit flickering in tvgui with tv on
    singleseat -nvidia: faster zapping times, no flicker, feels consistent

one problem still there on that singleseat htpc,
    when a video gets played, i can not return to the overlay, picture frezzes with loading circle sound continue...
    Screenshot (40).png
    i had it before too, but now i have to stop playback, workaround with x dont work anymore on that htpc

3d and evr untested
    4k seems ok

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V47 in first post :)
    It seems that it's better on my side about the memory leak not released correctly, in fact surface texture wasn't released correctly on C# (i hope this is the one)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It seems that it's better on my side about the memory leak not released correctly, in fact surface texture wasn't released correctly on C# (i hope this is the one)

Still working from here no new issues from this build. (y)(y)

Still have the 4:3 issue :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Still working from here no new issues from this build. (y)(y)

Still have the 4:3 issue :(

I didn't understand how reproduce the 4:3 issue :(
    Does it happen with myvideo when played a 16:9 sample to 4:3 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom