[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On my side i'm trying to figure out the GPU leak but no clue, maybe it's on madVR side when using OSDservice.
    If we disable MP OSD when playing the video -> it's OK, but without OSD, it's hard to use OSD :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have now just GPU-Z running while a HD live TV channels runs. GPU Core Clock goes up to 1150MHz, GPU load is at 100% and the memory at about 400MB. The GPU load is still a little high, right?

Seems high but need to compare with mpc-hc though that no OSD in use so the comparaison it's not 100% a proof way.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did a little more testing and found that it probably material jerky so strong only in live TV and 3D MVC. When playing mkv movies it was perfect at a low CPU and GPU load. I have a multi-seat system with live TV.

A test with MPC-HC is why, I think, unnecessary. Live TV can be so not try, right?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    finally had the time to test 3d frame packed
    had the same sbs problem as the others, tv not detcts the 3d input proberly as it should be...
    mphc gets confused too after trying with mepo (on first run same sbs, but on second run it is again processed correctly)

btw. found a great sample without silly bitrates for mvc 3d tests http://peter-ruppert.de/assets/
    -> 3D-BD-Test_MVC_-_Impressionen_aus_Gera_(Germany)_-_3D_-_Frühling_2011 even in two versons

idk. nvidia and 3d its a mess...

Attachments

• 3d-frame-packed-as-it-should.png
      3d-frame-packed-as-it-should.png
      2.8 MB
    • 3d-frame-packe-mepo-sbs-problem.png
      3d-frame-packe-mepo-sbs-problem.png
      3.9 MB
    • nvidia-dual-3d-secondary-screen-oldscool3d.png
      nvidia-dual-3d-secondary-screen-oldscool3d.png
      3.2 MB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    A test with MPC-HC is why, I think, unnecessary. Live TV can be so not try, right?

TV could be more than double the framerate, so it's potentially going to be a problem. Have you tried running LAV in software mode with YADIF deinterlacing? That will put the load at the CPU and might help.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

TV could be more than double the framerate, so it's potentially going to be a problem. Have you tried running LAV in software mode with YADIF deinterlacing? That will put the load at the CPU and might help.

on my systems when use madvr, deinterlacing setting in LAV are simply ignored and not applied, just if i activate deinterlacing in madvr i got tv deinterlaced (i suppose by internal deinterlacing madvr routines).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom