Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Result on my HTPC are not so good lol
    GPU memory wasn't freed at time on DEV pc it does, so there is something to do :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow: The problem with the sudden SBS MVC files is not directly madVR or MP, it is on the 3D mode, the graphics settings in Windows. Under Windows 10, there is a switch for the 3D mode. Is selected from, there is SBS. Is he on, there are 3D. madVR converts the order depending on the setting and the capabilities of the TV. I think madVR on the end of a 3D film this mode occasionally from when you finished the 3D movie and it goes back to the 2D mode. You can test quiet V46. :)
    :(
    Hi Joe,
    This is strange but i get that when 3D from OS is not available :)

OK, fortunately I had set a restore point with the SBS problem and went back to it today to check, bear, in mind this was after the non-fresh reinstall of V41 following the problems with V46. Today with that version the SBS problem was still present and I was able to confirm (well done both of you(y)) that the 3D switch in the OS display settings was off, BUT after setting it and restarting MP I still got SBS and found the 3D OS option was again turned off, turned it on again and retried (without MP restart) and still SBS and option was again reset. The 3D box in madvr is definitely ticked, so I would guess that V46 did something that resulted in MP or possibly madvr permantly resetting the 3D OS option even through a MP reinstall!(n)
    I will try again today but with V46/7 and let you know.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @joecrow: The problem with the sudden SBS MVC files is not directly madVR or MP, it is on the 3D mode, the graphics settings in Windows. Under Windows 10, there is a switch for the 3D mode. Is selected from, there is SBS. Is he on, there are 3D. madVR converts the order depending on the setting and the capabilities of the TV. I think madVR on the end of a 3D film this mode occasionally from when you finished the 3D movie and it goes back to the 2D mode. You can test quiet V46. :)
    :(
    Hi Joe,
    This is strange but i get that when 3D from OS is not available :)

OK, fortunately I had set a restore point with the SBS problem and went back to it today to check, bear, in mind this was after the non-fresh reinstall of V41 following the problems with V46. Today with that version the SBS problem was still present and I was able to confirm (well done both of you(y)) that the 3D switch in the OS display settings was off, BUT after setting it and restarting MP I still got SBS and found the 3D OS option was again turned off, turned it on again and retried (without MP restart) and still SBS and option was again reset. The 3D box in madvr is definitely ticked, so I would guess that V46 did something that resulted in MP or possibly madvr permantly resetting the 3D OS option even through a MP reinstall!(n)
    I will try again today but with V46/7 and let you know.

Just checking you're aware of the madVR options to switch on/off the OS 3d support? You will find its madVR switching it on and off (if it's working). Also, check that the OS hasn't reverted to it's 'needs the calibration tool to be run' situation. Sometimes you just need to run it before it will allow 3d to work.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just checking you're aware of the madVR options to switch on/off the OS 3d support? You will find its madVR switching it on and off (if it's working). Also, check that the OS hasn't reverted to it's 'needs the calibration tool to be run' situation. Sometimes you just need to run it before it will allow 3d to work.

If you mean this 3dmad.jpg Then yes. (no changes ever made here)

I think something gliched with madvr yesterday, (V46 seems ok today 3D is fine on working V41 setup)), PQ went to pot as well and struggling to get it back, looks much harder and colours much cooler.:mad:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have now just GPU-Z running while a HD live TV channels runs. GPU Core Clock goes up to 1150MHz, GPU load is at 100% and the memory at about 400MB. The GPU load is still a little high, right?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK seems that whatever happened to my setup yesterday was not anything to do with V46 which on my working V41 setup now plays 3D as normal.:confused:
    I gave V47 core a try and TV HD are OK but with FSE set 3D and SD render times go through the roof (50ms+) which is not the case with the V41core, which has other problems already reported.
    I am tempted to give up on FSE as for it is always a performance hit on everything tested so far(n), how does it look for you others?

Also, check that the OS hasn't reverted to it's 'needs the calibration tool to be run' situation. Sometimes you just need to run it before it will allow 3d to work.
    @kenwonders I beginning to think something like that happened resulting also in the PQ and colur changes, but what calibration tool do you mean?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    OK seems that whatever happened to my setup yesterday was not anything to do with V46 which on my working V41 setup now plays 3D as normal.:confused:
    I gave V47 core a try and TV HD are OK but with FSE set 3D and SD render times go through the roof (50ms+) which is not the case with the V41core, which has other problems already reported.
    I am tempted to give up on FSE as for it is always a performance hit on everything tested so far(n), how does it look for you others?

Since recent v4X numbers I can get decent FSE, but only after I aligned the 'windowed' and 'exclusive' options. Right now I can't get anything more out of normal than I can FSE - Chroma Upscale NNEDI3 x 32, Luma image doubling NNEDI3 x 32 and Jinc image up and downscaling.

@kenwonders I beginning to think something like that happened resulting also in the PQ and colur changes, but what calibration tool do you mean?

I meant the NVIDIA 3d calibration tool, but I see that's not relevent for you sorry. Sometimes you can update a NVIDIA driver and find 3d wont work until you re-run their tool.

Please bear in mind too that this is an MP forum, and if you get the same issue on MPC-HC, it's not really an MP problem. Once we all gain a bit more confidence in the MP implementation then i'd expect the MP devs to start insisting all is well outside MP before troubleshooting. Of course right now we don't know so I really don't want to put you off :) If you check out the madVR forum you'll see similar issues to some that we've reported, but in MPC-HC or other players.

A good idea (I've done this now) is to get a 'known good' config worked out on , then backup the settings.bin file so that you can revert back whenever there is a change in the success.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since recent v4X numbers I can get decent FSE, but only after I aligned the 'windowed' and 'exclusive' options. Right now I can't get anything more out of normal than I can FSE - Chroma Upscale NNEDI3 x 32, Luma image doubling NNEDI3 x 32 and Jinc image up and downscaling.

I meant the NVIDIA 3d calibration tool, but I see that's not relevent for you sorry. Sometimes you can update a NVIDIA driver and find 3d wont work until you re-run their tool.

Please bear in mind too that this is an MP forum, and if you get the same issue on MPC-HC, it's not really an MP problem. Once we all gain a bit more confidence in the MP implementation then i'd expect the MP devs to start insisting all is well outside MP before troubleshooting. Of course right now we don't know so I really don't want to put you off :) If you check out the madVR forum you'll see similar issues to some that we've reported, but in MPC-HC or other players.

A good idea (I've done this now) is to get a 'known good' config worked out on , then backup the settings.bin file so that you can revert back whenever there is a change in the success.

Thanks for that good to know, after much playing arround my PQ is pretty much back to where it was so I will try a backup as you suggested.;)

I held off trying MPC-HC basically because I could not figure out how to use the latest LAV filters, MPC comes with 0.66 internal LAV, should I set it up to use the 0.68 LAV as external so 3D works?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I held off trying MPC-HC basically because I could not figure out how to use the latest LAV filters, MPC comes with 0.66 internal LAV, should I set it up to use the 0.68 LAV as external so 3D works?

Think so, I would have a look online for the mpc setup though, I've only done it (as you suggest with LAV 68 as external decoder) to compare 2D to MP.

Seb, had a bug today, logs on way soon. During a channel zap, the guide remained with audio and a whirly thing in the middle. At this point you could press the guide button and a clean guide, and press it again to get the guide with whirly thing back. It's as if the 'video' frame was another version of the guide :)

EDIT: Just tried a load of changes/starts/stops and couldn't replicate again. Will leave debug logging until I catch it again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom