[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had something just like that happen a few days ago but I just waited a bit (certainly more than a few seconds, but not a full minute) and eventually the movie stopped and it went back to MP GUI: I watched Apocalypse Now Redux without ever pausing (3h16), and at the end instead of pressing Stop as I usually do so as not to watch the adverts after the movie (I had recorded it off TV) I let it play to the end of the recording, and there the screen went black but it didn't come back to MP GUI. I pressed Stop, Exit Fullscreen, etc. but nothing worked. After a while it came back to MP GUI suddenly so I thought it was a problem with the recording and didn't give it much thought.
    (Edit: I don't use Trakt plugin either)
    (Edit 2: if you need other logs I can start playback of a very long movie during the night with the sound off to test :LOL:)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    In my case the MP GUI was fully responsive but my screen is black :( i can hear the navigation clicks.

@el Filou what u describe reminds me a lot of a STOP issue that exists with DXVA Native, i had this too until i switched to DXVA CB, not sure which mode u are using.

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have disabled all GUI sounds in MP so I can't tell if it was reacting.
    I am using the new D3D11 decoder in Native mode indeed, but this the first time this happens (I've watched really long movies before with DXVA Native and never had this).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In my case the MP GUI was fully responsive but my screen is black :( i can hear the navigation clicks.

@el Filou what u describe reminds me a lot of a STOP issue that exists with DXVA Native, i had this too until i switched to DXVA CB, not sure which mode u are using.

Hey, all the dispose method was not called (no clue why) and on this part of code, MP GUI is restored but strangely madVR destructor is executed correctly.
    Really weird :(

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Sebastiii
    just tried your auto3d plugin version, net analyse ticked.
    only briefly with the old 1115 build and it was quite ok...
    mepo control was almost delay-free and no more directx exeptions...so i already believe it is better with it ;)(y)
    I'll see if allowed to update to new build tonight :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys,
    a new madvr version is available that contains a possible fix for hdr with amd gpus!!! :eek:
    havent tried it but @mrmojo666 already did with positive results :whistle:

@Sebastiii i finally tried it again with last mepo test version and those auto3d plugin, but unfortunately it was not so successful as reported before...
    Code:
     [Auto3D analyze thread] [INFO ] - Planescene : madVR grabbing image window failed
    mepo crashes now with auto3d on and sbs 3d stuff... :(
    it was acting like that: it starts to play briefly but then frezze with picture (also eventually because of the auto3d popup thats not displayed as it should around this time-havent played with those option... only tried it also with that netstream analysis option disabled, but no success overall yesterday:p...i only disturbed the nighttime peace:ROFLMAO:

cheers

Attachments

• auto3d.7z
      104.5 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have seen crash on some movie (but didn't debug it yet) so new added code need to be fixed :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom