[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Everything right up to date (including latest Nvidia drivers and Win 10 updates) and now have problems zapping TV.:(
    All OK on intial TV start but if I attempt to change channel with ChannelUP/DN or with a number I get the audio from the new channel but the video stalls on the old channel with occaisional stutter on the same frame, no hang or anything, stop takes me back to the TV menu and from there if a select another chanel it again plays OK but fails again if I attempt a zap. Only a problem with D3D11, copy-back and CUVID work OK. Attached logs are a single incident with v329 Madvr 0.92.4 and lav 70.2.75 (greenscreen fix version). Went back to lav 70.2.67 but no change.
    The settings in MP, lav and Madvr are unchanged from the previously working version. vids and OV seem to be OK.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah yes it's a bug in madVR ! (latest version madshi need to find a proper way to handle live stream change) -> solution -> CopyBack (by selecting an hardware) :p
    Confirmed, went back to 0.91.10 and zapping is again OK. Looks like all 0.92.* versions:( have this bug, any idea when there will be a fix?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I think only madshi can answer this :)
    He is really active this month so i dont think it will be long before he adds D3D11 deinterlacing support and fixes the major bugs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    He is really active this month so i dont think it will be long before he adds D3D11 deinterlacing support and fixes the major bugs.
    Good news, I can't put my finger on it but the first impression of 0.92.* was the the PQ was improved and noted a slight reduction (still very very good) on going back to 0.91.10, using same settings.:unsure:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @joecrow Was the difference in PQ that you noticed between DXVA2 Native in 0.91 and D3D11 Native in 0.92? Because nevcairiel said that D3D11 Native (only available with 0.92) preserves full chroma quality on NVIDIA cards while DXVA2 Native does not (something about the correct texture format for that not being accessible directly by the renderer in DXVA2).

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If anyone happens to have problems with messed up levels in RGB Full output to a TV with an NVIDIA on Windows 1703, I've found a weird workaround for my issue: Doom9's Forum - View Single Post - madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted)
    Still haven't heard back from NVIDIA since I reported this last tuesday not even an acknowledge. What do you guys think is the better way to report bugs to NVIDIA, by filling up their official report form or by posting on their forum?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If anyone happens to have problems with messed up levels in RGB Full output to a TV with an NVIDIA on Windows 1703, I've found a weird workaround for my issue:

I'm also using a 1050Ti and 385.69 on my desktop, so HDMI connected to full HD monitor, not a TV, "Content Type Reported to Display" is the default "Auto-select. (my HTPC with TV is using an AMD Rx 460). I've not seen the problem you describe maybe because its a monitor. Do you have an AVR on the HDMI?
    What do you guys think is the better way to report bugs to NVIDIA, by filling up their official report form or by posting on their forum?
    Not sure about Nvidia but it surely can't be any worse than AMD.:rolleyes:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yes I have an AVR but the problem wasn't happening with previous Windows versions, it started with 1703 literally on the first boot after update. Also, in Safe Mode or when using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the levels are OK so it's definitely a driver bug and not hardware related (or a Windows bug when interacting with the driver and hardware in specific way :rolleyes:).

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can confirm new madvr version runs now as it should with HDR on AMD. So last unfunny problem is solved for me. :rolleyes: Option is activated by madvr if needed and you don't need to / shouldn't activate it in windows, also the color now looks like it should comparing with running video on TV direct through usb. :) If you have problems or wrong color, you should proof the correct mode YCbCr 4:2:2 / 10 or 12 bit. Mine was on YCbCr 4:4:4 / 8bit, don't know if the amd driver update or the windows hdr setting brought this option to me. I normally used 4:2:2.

And realized while testing that LG OLED is capable with HDR in 3D Mode, funny. You can force this with activating HDR in windows and starting a 3D MVC blue ray. HDR is activated and 3D is working, also the colors are wrong because for sure there is no 3D material with HDR. Marketing gag also confirmed :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom